Chapter Forty-Two

OLYMPIA, WA. May 18th 1991.

"Rory, it's your turn." Simon says as he puts more vinyls in the rack.

Aurora sits up.

"Okay my top five side one track ones, The Song Remains The Same, Houses of Holy by Led Zeppelin. Strange Brew, Disraeli Gears by Cream. Purple Haze, Are You Experienced by Jimi Hendrix. The Changeling, L.A. Woman by The Doors. Taxman, Revolver by The Beatles." Aurora says.

Simon nods, "Solid list." He then turns to Katarina, "What about you?"

"It just consists of punk rock, y'know... all the classics. Germs, Sex Pistols..." Katarina trails off as she continues to scribble into her school book.

"Well when you aren't busy being a little nerd, tell us your list." Aurora says, pushing her playfully.

"Hey, remember you were the one who wanted to study to be a teacher." Katarina says, her eyes still trained to her book.

"And I ditched that idea because I decided to be cool and own a record shop." Aurora says.

"It was more the record shop got dumped onto you." Simon says.

Aurora rolls her eyes, "I could've left the shop behind, but I didn't!"

The door then swung open, the bell chiming signalling someone has entered the store.

"Happy Friday everyone!" Cherise says happily.
"Cherise, it's Saturday." Katarina says, looking up from her book.
"No crap, it's Saturday?" Cherise asks Simon as he walks to the counter, and he nods.

"We all know Cherise's list would be full of disco and Michael Jackson." Aurora mumbles, Katarina and Simon laugh quietly.

"So what do we have planned today?" Cherise asks, leaning against the counter.

"Just chilling in the record shop." Simon says, "Boring." Cherise mumbles.

"Studying." Katarina says, holding up her pencil. "Nerd." Cherise says under her breath.

"Well I'm going out with Dave for lunch but I'll be back if you guys wanna get some afternoon drinks." Aurora suggests, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Now that's an idea I like!" Cherise says, pulling Aurora in for a side hug, "And this is why you're my favourite."

Aurora smiles to herself, then noticing Dave park out the front of the store.

"Speak of the handsome devil..." Aurora says, smiling as he makes his way around the car.

Aurora grabs her jacket of the back of the chair and looks back to the group as she hears the bell chime. "I'll be back in a few hours." She says smiling to the group.

"Have fun!" Cherise yells out, "But not too much fun."

Aurora rolls her eyes as she makes her way over to Dave, who waves to the group, then looking down to Aurora.

"Hi." He says, looking down to Aurora with a smile.
"Hi." She copies. The two then share a kiss.

"Get outta her ya lovebirds!" Cherise yells, "Go! Shoo!"

Dave and Aurora chuckle before leaving the store — Dave opening the door for her and then rushing to the car to open the passenger car door.

"Such a gentleman." Aurora says, smiling as he closes the door and rushes around to the drivers seat.

As soon as Dave jumps in the car he places his lips on Aurora's.

"Missed me that much?" Aurora asks him.
"I've been thinking about you all during the band practice." Dave says.
"Really?" Aurora asks.
"Really." Dave responds, kissing her again.