Chapter Forty-Five

OLYMPIA, WA. June 29th, 1991.

"Love, love will tear us apart, again"

"Okay, don't get me wrong, I love Joy Division, but playing all their records is so... depressing." Simon says as he walks up to Aurora with a handful of cassettes in his hands, placing them in the counter.

"Sorry." Aurora says, flicking the needle off the record and putting it back in its sleeve, then crouching down and choosing another record to play form the cabinet under the register, "I guess I'm just in a Joy Division kind of mood." She adds.

Simon shakes his head, "I don't buy it... you've been acting all 'sad Aurora' lately. Not as talkative, slumping around, and you only listen to Joy Division when you're sad, you've said that before." He explains.

Aurora sighs, throwing her hands up into the air, "You got me."

Simon then rests his chin in his hand, "What's up, Rory?" He asks.

Aurora sighs, looking up to Simon from her crouching position.

"Dave is leaving to go tour in three weeks, and he could either be gone for two months, or for five." Aurora says.

"Damn... five months?" Simon asks.

Aurora nods, "They might release their album and if it gets big, their agent thinks it'd be best if they play more shows around other areas of America and Britain." She explains.

"Well that's great, but... that's a long time to be apart." Simon says, looking down to Aurora worryingly.

Aurora frowns. "I know, and that's the thing. It's not only that I'm going to miss him, because I'll miss him so much, but it's also that I'm afraid we'll drift. He'll be busy, I'll be busy, we'll catch each other at bad times or not catch each other at all. We won't see each other or speak to each other often, and it'll be weird when we finally do see each other or the distance will affect us so much we'll probably just end it over the phone." She explains.

Simon looks to Aurora sympathetically.

"Aurora, I'm sure it won't end like that. I've seen you two together, you're meant for each other, you'll be with each other through good times and bad." Simon says.

Aurora rubs her face.

"I don't know Simon... I'm just getting this feeling that it won't end good, you know?" Aurora asks.

"Well don't listen to that feeling. It's going to be fine, great even!" Simon says, smiling to Aurora, trying his best to make her feel happy about this whole process, though even he was a little skeptical.

Aurora stands up from her crouching position.

"You choose the record, I'll be back in a second." She says, grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Simon asks, "To visit a friend around the corner real quick... Kurt. Choose something good!"

"Does that mean no Culture Club?" Simon asks as he flicks through records.

Aurora stops and her tracks and turns around to face Simon, looking at him with a judgemental look.

"Okay, no Culture Club, got it." Simon says returning to looking through the vinyls.

Aurora chuckles lightly before exiting the store, making her way down the road and soon enough reaching Pear Street and a small little blue house with two doors.

Aurora walks up the all too familiar steps and knocks on a door with a '1' imprinted on it.

After a few seconds a certain lead singer with blonde long hair answers the door and his face lights up when he sees Aurora.