Chapter Seven

OLYMPIA, WA. October 4 1990.

It has been a few days since Aurora first met Jackson, and in the meantime she's seen him again at the record store, where the two exchanged phone numbers and have been talking often.

Aurora has invited Jackson to the gig that Nirvana is playing and he happily accepted the invitation, only seeing it as a way to get closer to Aurora, though she's completely oblivious to that factor.

Jackson and Aurora have actually planned to grab a coffee today, and they both see it as an opportunity to get to know each other better.

As Aurora had predicted, Jennifer came running back to Dave the day after their argument that Aurora heard, instantly apologising and confessing her undying love to him. Aurora rolls her eyes when she hears comments like that, perfect couples annoy her, especially when they're the lovey-dovey kind.

Jennifer and Dave are far from a perfect couple. The two forgive each other by spending the night together, and talking about nothing in particular because that will just cause another argument to arise.

Though the friendship between Aurora and Dave has been running smoothly, apart from the fact that the two refuse to accept their true feelings for each other, instead looking over at someone else they don't belong with.

Aurora looks over to Dave's closed door, and decides it's best not to interrupt him and Jennifer, so she rips a piece of paper from the notepad and takes a pen from the table, before writing on the tiny price of paper...

Having a coffee with Jackson,
I'll be back soon.
Don't burn the house down :)

- Rora

She places the pen next to the notepad and begins to walk out the door, taking her coat off the rack in the process. Aurora closes the door behind her and to her surprise she sees Kurt sitting on the steps.

"Hi Kurt." Aurora says as she steps past him, though she gets no response, making her turn around to face him. She takes in his features, automatically noticing he isn't his usual self, so she takes a seat beside him.

"Are you okay?" She asks, and Kurt shakes his head, "Tobi and I had an argument." He says, almost on the verge of tears. "What was it about?" Aurora asks quietly, as if she's afraid she's overstepped. "Apparently I've been drifting from her, but I spend every spare minute I have with her." Kurt explains, "Well, maybe you should talk to her?" Aurora asks, "I tried but she just yelled." Kurt says, tears forming in his eyes. "Maybe she's stressed about something." Aurora states, "Has anything been happening with her lately?" She then asks. "Bikini Kill is trying to make a record though nobody likes their current material." Kurt explains. "Maybe try and comfort her, she'll need that right now." Aurora suggests, "Go to her as soon as you can, but if she pushes you away that's her fault. Then wait till she comes to you." Aurora states. "Will do." Kurt says, Aurora pats his back and stands up. "Thank you." He says, managing to break a smile. "That's okay." Aurora says, "I'm always here for you Kurt, you know that?" She asks him as she stands up. "Yeah I know." He says, and Aurora nods, sending a sympathetic smile his way, before walking down the steps and making her way onto the footpath.

Aurora looks over to Kurt as she is about to cross the road, checking up on him one last time before she leaves. He stands up and wipes his eyes free from the tears, before turning back up the steps and walking back into his apartment.

Aurora feels as if that Kurt is a very private person, and she just hopes that if he ever has any problems he's dealing with that he'll come straight to her.