Chapter Forty-Six

SEATTLE, WA. July 4th, 1991.

Oranges and yellows flood the sky as the sun begins to set.

Aurora and Dave walk hand in hand into a small venue where they are watching a local band play in Seattle, near their apartment.

The couple had been spending as much time together as possible, with some days, Dave ending up in the record shop and sitting at the counter with Aurora, the two listening to the music softly flowing through the record player, treasuring these moments they have together, knowing it won't last forever.

"So who are we actually seeing today?" Aurora asks,
"I have no clue... I think they are supporting Hole though." Dave says.
"Hole?" Aurora asks, stopping in her tracks.

The pair then turn their heads to Kurt's voice, calling them over eagerly.

"Hole, D. Really?" Aurora asks as they begin to walk over.
"Are you mad?" Dave asks, looking down to Aurora.
"No, I'm just dreading this interaction." She says as they approach Kurt and Courtney.

"Aurora, you remember Courtney, right?" Kurt asks.
"How could I forget." Aurora says sternly.
Aurora then looks to Courtney, "Nice to see you again."
"Likewise." Courtney responds.

Dave could see how uncomfortable Aurora was and squeezed her hand tight, reassuring her that he's here, and it's okay. She leans into his body a little, resting her head against his arm as Kurt began to speak up again.

"Last gig before we hit the road, you ladies gonna miss us?" Kurt asks, looking at Aurora and Courtney.
Aurora smiled softly, "Of course." She says, whereas Courtney just shrugged her shoulders.

"Hey Dave, wanna go out for a smoke?" Kurt then asks.
Dave looks to Aurora, and she looks to him, an expression on her face that reads 'don't leave me'
"I'll be back in a minute, I promise." He says softly, following Kurt outside.

Aurora looked over to Courtney, and she had this annoyed look on her face. As Courtney noticed that Aurora were looking to her she rolled her eyes.

"I know I'm hot but you don't need to keep staring." Courtney says sternly.
Aurora furrows her eyebrows and looked away from her.

She really pisses me off, Aurora tonight to herself.

"Oh get over it." Courtney says, scoffing.

She began to walk away, however Aurora spoke up, gaining her attention.

"I'm sorry, is there something so wrong with me that just makes you despise me? Because I really want to know why you hate me so much." Aurora says, crossing her arms over her body.

Courtney turned to face Aurora.

"Why should I tell you?" Courtney says.
"Because I want to know if the reason you hate me is genuine." Aurora says.

Courtney sighed and looked to Aurora.

"He isn't over you." She says simply.
"Who isn't?" Aurora asks.
"Kurt." Courtney says.

Aurora stayed silent for a moment. She swore that he were over her, it seemed that he really liked Courtney and that Aurora wasn't affecting him anymore, or on his mind. But she seems to have been proven wrong,