Chapter Seventeen

OLYMPIA, WA. November 4 1990.

"I'm so tired." Aurora states, dragging her suitcase up the steps and eventually through the front door. "So am I." Dave says, closing the door behind him and putting his bag on his bed, leaving the drum kit in Aurora's car for now.

Aurora, Shelli, Dave, Kurt and Krist barely made it back home. After Aurora's arrest, she was left in a cell the whole day while everyone tried their best to convince the officers that $400 was enough to get her out, because after all, they still needed money to catch the plane afterwards.

Eventually, Kurt somehow got another $100 and that made ends meet, where Aurora was finally able to breath fresh air, having to sign some papers first.

After a few hours the group made it back to the airport, buying their tickets once again, now being left with no money at all.

They all retreated to the seats in the airport, waiting several hours until their flight, and during this time, Aurora and Dave finally got changed out of their Halloween costumes.

Aurora feeling guilty that they had to pay so much money to the police, and book new flights, apologised to everyone, fully aware that it was her fault that they're in this situation. Though, the four of them brushed it off, and really just appreciated how Aurora tried her best to get them all to the airport, which made her smile and be thankful for such great friends.

Aurora lazily drags herself to her bedroom, jumping onto her bed and lying there, before a few seconds later, Dave unexpectedly joins her.

"You do know you have your own bed?" Aurora asks, "Yeah." Dave mumbles into Aurora's neck as wraps his arms around her waist, giving her warmth.

Now being in a relationship, Aurora realises that it's normal for couples to share beds, and since Dave is such a loving person, she decided to embrace the moment, drifting off to a deep sleep with him by her side.

But soon enough she awakes, to find an empty spot beside her, which ultimately makes her step out of bed and walk out her bedroom door, where she meets Dave on the couch.

"Hey." She says, sitting down beside him, "Hi, did you have a good sleep?" He asks her as he puts a random magazine to the side, and pulls Aurora closer to him. "Yeah, it was good." She says, smiling over to him as she leans into his chest, with his arm around her.

There were a few minutes of silence until Dave finally speaks up, "So, Seattle." Dave states, "What about it?" Aurora asks. "I know this is all happening so fast, and I guess we're moving fast. But since we've already lived together, like as friends, I think it'd be fine if we move in together at Seattle , right?" Dave asks nervously. "D, I've told you I'll happily come to Seattle with you." Aurora states. "Yeah, but it's just that I had this feeling that you'd think that we're moving fast." Dave states, looking over to her. "As you said, we've been living together for like a month now, and I trust you and I want to move in with you." Aurora states, "I want to spend as much time with you as I can." She then admits. "So do I." Dave says.

"I know that you guys have some new material, and are thinking of trying to release an album. If that takes off, you guys will be touring constantly, and I might be separated from you." Aurora explains, "You could come with us." Dave suggests, "But I don't know if that's what I want to do constantly?" Aurora says, and she quickly realises how bad that sounds, "I didn't mean it like that, it's just that's-" Aurora can't finish her sentence, unable to find the words she's looking for, and sighs in defeat. "It's okay, I get it." Dave states. "You still have a life back here, a job, Jess." Dave says. "It's not much, but it's still something." Aurora says. "I also want to do something with my life, I don't want to be stuck in a record shop my whole life, and I don't want to be known as a 'that drummers girlfriend'. Aurora explains, "I want to be known for who I am, and what I've accomplished." Aurora states. "And you can do that, I'll support you fully, all along the way." Dave says.

Aurora smiles, thankful that he's so supportive, wanting Aurora to be happy in every way possible.

Though a a bad thought goes through Dave's head,

What if we are separated? Dave asks himself.

Between Dave touring and Aurora working, it'll leave hardly any time for the two to be together.

Dave doesn't want to be away from Aurora for long periods of time, he'll miss her too much, and he fears that they'll 'grow apart'.

Dave brushes the thoughts off, bringing up a new topic.

"Speaking of Jess, you should catch up with her. You haven't talked for a while." Dave states, "Yeah, I'll organise something. Maybe when we move into the apartment I could call her, invite her over and you two could meet?" Aurora asks, "That's a good idea." Dave states.

"But, when are we going to get the apartment?" Aurora asks Dave, looking over to him. "I was thinking maybe before Christmas?" Dave asks, "How much is the apartment?" Aurora asks, "Not much, I've got it covered." Dave states.

Aurora frowns, she wants to help Dave with buying the apartment, but she knows that no matter how hard she tries, how much she'll try to help, he won't budge and insist that he's got it covered.

"How about we start moving in around two weeks?" Dave asks, "Yeah alright." Aurora says, looking up to him with a smile.

"You know, if we didn't end up moving to Seattle, I would've helped fix this place up." Dave states, looking around the apartment. "That's sweet, but I'm pretty sure this place is doomed." Aurora says, "The only thing that did get fixed is the taps." Dave looks over to Aurora in confusion, "When did that happen?" He asks her, "Just before you guys left for the tour, Kurt talked to the landlord and he fixed it." Aurora states. "That's nice of him." Dave says, and Aurora nods.

"I'm still excited for Seattle." Aurora says, "It'll be a good change, and new home." She then states with a bright smile, and Dave's heart warms when he looks down at her.

Dave still finds it quite hard to believe that Aurora is pressed up against him, holding his free hand and smiling over to him innocently.

Weeks ago Dave would have never imagined being in this situation, so now he's fully embracing it, happy that he's finally here after spending what felt like so long in a relationship that didn't feel right at all.

Aurora kisses Dave's cheek before standing up and walking to the fridge, rummaging through.

And it's then that Dave realises that even when the two move to Seattle, to the apartment, that won't be considered home to him.

Aurora will be his home.