Chapter Twelve

NOTTINGHAM -> NORWICH, UK. October 28 1990.

The gig played last night by the three boys was to say the least, completely amazing. It's like over in the UK there's a different energy, and Aurora loves it more, enjoying every minute of the show even more than she did before.

Shonen Knife and L7 were the support act's of Nirvana and Aurora tried her best not to leave at the very moment Jennifer took the stage. Though Dave immediately came over to Aurora as soon as the show ended, bringing her outside for a smoke, where the two stood in silence, staring out into the street, being comforted by each other's presence.

Aurora even got to finally meet Shelli, who she was desperately wanting to be introduced to after Krist has been talking about her so much at band practices.

Just like Krist, Shelli is such a lovely and funny person. Aurora is excited to be spending the next few days with her, and hopefully they get to have a girls day out, get some lunch and talk about their lives.

Currently, Aurora is driving the van to the hotel, with Dave by her side and the other three in the back with the rest of their equipment. Aurora had offered to take the wheel when they got petrol as Dave had been driving for two hours, and she could tell he needed the rest.

Aurora looks to her side to see Dave leaning against the car window, sound asleep. She then looks over her shoulder to see Kurt busy away reading his book, Perfurme, while Krist and Shelli seem to be in some sort of lovey-dovey couples mode as they continue to hug each other and talk sweet nothingness.

Although Aurora finds this somewhat cringe, she wishes that it were her and Dave doing that in the back seat. He'd be the only exception to Aurora.

Finally, Aurora pulls up to the hotel, parking the van in a vacant spot. "Dave." Aurora nudges Dave softly, and to respond he groans, "We're here." Aurora says softly, and he begins to turn over and stretch and Kurt pulls open the van door, walking out, Krist and Shelli following closely behind.

Once going to the front desk, the group make their way up to their rooms, setting their suitcases and bags beside their beds. Kurt instantly goes outside to have a cigarette, standing with one hand in his sweater pocket. Dave on the other hand, is back to sleep in his single bed, almost snoring away.

To avoid disrupting Dave in any way, Aurora slides open the balcony door slowly, careful not to wake him.

Kurt watches the view out ahead of him, as cloud of smoke moves out of his mouth. Aurora goes to the handrails, leaning on the cold metal, looking out onto the world, before glancing over to Kurt.

She can't help but look at him and wonder what is going on in that head of his. He seems so clouded, and disrupted by his thoughts. All Aurora wants to do is ease his mind, because he looks so tense.

"Are you okay?" Aurora asks, and Kurt nods, "Just thinking." He replies simply. "About what?" Aurora asks, though she instantly regrets those words, as if she were afraid she overstepped. "Life." Kurt answers, sighing. "And this girl." He then reveals, before putting his cigarette back in between his lips.

Aurora smiles, How cute, she thinks to herself.

"What's her name?" Aurora asks, "I don't know, that's the thing." Kurt says, "She has really blonde hair, and red lipstick that you could see from miles away." He explains the woman, "She seems as if she's a problematic person, though I'm somewhat drawn to her, even though I've only seen her a few times at shows. Well, I haven't even met her." Aurora looks over to Kurt, "I'm sure you two will meet soon enough." Aurora states, "I don't know if that's a good thing, because I've had someone else on my mind too." Kurt then reveals, looking over to Aurora.