Chapter Nineteen

SEATTLE, WA. November 25 1990.

The week for Aurora and Dave has been filled with lots of time together at the house, leaving rarely any time for them to get out the house and actually do other activities.

Aurora has only had a few shifts at Mountain Records back in Olympia, usually only lasting a few hours. Though, it saddens Aurora to think about the fact that she hasn't seen Kurt for around a week now, and she hasn't caught up with Krist and Shelli for nearly a month.

Luckily enough, she sees everyone tonight at the gig Nirvana is having at The Off Ramp Café with Earth, Heavy Into Jeff and Holy Rollers. So it'll be an opportunity for Aurora to hang out with her friends after what seems like such a long break from them.

Speaking of friends, Aurora has also arranged to see Jess today. She comes over to Aurora and Dave's apartment, where Jess will officially meet Dave and then watch them play the gig tonight. Aurora is excited, because she knows that Jess will like Dave, and think he's a good fit for Aurora after all she's been through.

The two actually bought furniture and brought it into the house, finally having a dining table, chairs, a couch, coffee table and two seats on the little balcony outside their bedroom.

They are even planning on getting a television.

Currently, Aurora and Dave are laying in bed, body's entwined as they slowly debate getting up and actually getting the day started.

"Just five more minutes." Dave groans, pulling Aurora closer to him, "I have to get up, D. Jess will be here in around two hours." Aurora states, trying her best to move out of his grip even though she wants to stay there for eternity.

Finally, Aurora manages to slip out of Dave's arms, where she stands up and finds a shirt on the ground, pulling it over her head as she walks out of the bedroom, soon realising that it's Dave's shirt and not hers, though she shrugs it off.

"Do you want lunch?" Aurora calls out to Dave, noticing that it is well past twelve o'clock. "Yes please!" He calls back to her.

Aurora pulls out a carton of eggs from the fridge, along with some strips of bacon where she puts on the frying pan and it begins to sizzle. She then cracks some eggs into another frying pan, and that's when Dave appears behind her, hugging her from behind as he examines what his breakfast will be.

"Where are we going to eat? We don't exactly have a table yet." Aurora says, looking over her shoulder. "The ground is looking particularly lavish." Dave states, and Aurora chuckles, "The ground it is." She then states.

After a around ten minutes, both the eggs and bacon are cooked. Aurora pours orange juice into two cups before she carries the cups over to where Dave is sitting, already devouring his food.

She takes her plate off the floor and begins to eat, watching the sky out the window ahead of them.

"I'm really glad that you decided to live with me." Dave speaks up as he finishes his plate of food. "I'm glad you asked." Aurora says. "I don't know what I'd do in this apartment all by myself." Dave states, as he stands up, then looking around at his surroundings. "Well I'm gonna be by myself when you guys go on tour." Aurora states, "Call Shelli or Jess to keep you company." Dave suggests, "Or you could just come on tour with us." He then says, looking down to Aurora, and she responds with an eye roll.

Aurora would love to tour with the boys, that's for sure. But, she doesn't know if she wants to go and do that for months on end. Just watching the guys play every so often makes her eager to play her kit, and she knows that if she were to join them on tour, it could spark a wildfire.