Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Erika ball’s coming your way!” Alison called out as she hit the beach ball over to Erika’s direction.

“Got it!” Erika ran along the beach and caught up to the ball before it hit the sand and passed it back over to Alison.

Sherrie sat on a large blanket underneath a large umbrella watching the two girl’s hit the ball back and forth to each other. All three girl’s had there swimsuits underneath their cloths, Alison wore a two piece of a dark pink with a skirt attached to the bottom half, while Erika wore a bikini of light lavender with her ripped jean shorts over top the bottom half, with her hair remaining down. However Sherrie was still wearing her dress as she watched them.

“You could always go and join them Miss Adams.”

Sherrie looked up to see her driver, James, an elderly man but who was always there to help her when she needed it. “No, that’s alright James; I’d rather just watch them for now. It feels like it’s been so long, so even now I’m still not fully sure what to do around them.”

“You’ll know what to do, they’re your friends, and to them you haven’t changed, just as much as they haven’t changed in your eyes Miss Adams.”

Sherrie smiled. “Thank you James.” She looked to him. “Do you want to sit down and join me for a while, you look tired.”

“I always look tired to you.” he said as he shook his head. “But no I can’t I have to stay with the car, never know when someone will try to take it.” The man then headed back to the parking lot where the car was.

Sherrie stood up from the blanket and called out to the elderly driver. “Alright if you’re sure, get yourself something to drink so you don’t overheat yourself okay?”

He merely waved in response.

“Sherrie!” Alison called out to her, when she looked Alison’s way she continued. “Let’s go swimming! You’ve been sitting on the beach towel ever since we got here! Don’t make me use force to get you in the ocean! Erika’s already started doing laps!”

“Coming.” Sherrie undid the tie of her dress from the back of her neck letting the red and orange summer dress fall delicately to her feet before removing her sandals, Sherrie’s swimsuit was a one piece of light blue and white she had and would always wear a one piece since she never liked it when men would stare at her chest. She then quickly joined Alison on the beach’s shoreline. “You weren’t kidding when you said she was doing laps.”

Erika kept swimming back and forth from one spot to the other at fast pace, she didn’t look to be slowing down any time soon ether.

“I know right?” Alison cupped both of her hands over her mouth and cheered. “Go Erika! Show those fish in the ocean whose boss!!”

Sherrie picked up the jean shorts that Erika tossed off before going into the water. “In all my years of knowing her I don’t think I’ve ever seen her go this fast…”

“Well she did beat our school’s record!” she then went back to cheering. “Come on Erika, beat them fish!”

Sherrie remained quiet as the breeze from the ocean blew through her hair, but then she changed topics slightly. “Speaking of water… I’m glad Erika’s eye went back to normal. I was really worried for her.”

Alison’s smile fell slightly. “We all were, even though our parents don’t like us hanging out with her, and over such a stupid reason too, she’s a real good person but it makes me worry.”