Chapter 46

Shigeru stilled, his chest felt tight, as the summer winds blew strongly. His blue eyes looked towards the sky, something was wrong, something had happened, the only thing he could think have what that might be was Erika. Ever since she left Japan he could still feel her, feel her emotions, her pain and anguish, but this time it was so much stronger then before, something must have happened to her personally.

Leaving the garden he headed back into the mansion and found Yukari drinking tea with her mother. "I need a phone!" he demanded, the two woman looked at each other with quizzical looks, wondering why a man who never aged or died needed that since he had no one to call. "Just give me a damn phone!" he snapped. "It's important; I need to talk to Suzuki."

Still confused Yukari took out her phone. "Okay hold on." she dialed and waited. "Hey Nee-chan, um, Shigeru wants to talk to you and... hey!" She snapped when Shigeru to the phone from her.

"Suzuki, what's Erika's cell phone number, I need it."

"Her cell, sorry Shigeru, but I never got her cellphone number. I, oh wait a minute." A few moments later and muffled voices she spoke to him. "Takashi says he has Alison-chan's number, you could talk to her and get it that way."

"Fine what is it?"

"Shigeru..." Suzuki sounded uneasy. "What's wrong did something happen to you?"

"No, not to me, something happened to Erika, I can sense it, something happened in her homeland so give me that number now!"

After a few more moments Suzuki gave him the number and he wrote it down before thanking her and hanging up and dialed the girl's number. Erika... what is happening to you?

Alison sat on the couch listening to her parents talking, saying things to her about colleges and universities, she just wanted to have a normal talk with her parents but they never seemed to listen. Even now, as they drowned out their daughter, she just wanted to tell them that she was alright and she would be heading back to the Adam's home.

But found she couldn't get the nerve to do it, how she longed of any kind of distraction.

Then her cellphone rang causing her to jump. "Sorry, Mom, Dad, I have to take this, it's important." She then quickly dashed out into the hall and took out her phone, but when she looked at the number she frowned, it wasn't a number she recognized. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Alison Jones?" a man's voice with a Japanese accent, a type she never heard of, spoke on the other line. "This is Alison Jones correct? I'm Shigeru Mikazuki; we never spoke formally before I'm the man that talked often to Erika while you both were in Kyoto."

Surprise enveloped her, why would the immortal man be calling her? "Y-yes I remember you very well, why are you calling?"

"Something's happened."

"What?"

"Oh my god would you look at that." Alison's father spoke loudly, causing Alison to look into the living room. There, her parents were watching the news of what looked to be the downtown area, and what she was seeing nearly made her heart stop.

The place was nearly completely covered in water, for what she understood from the reporter, a very sudden wave came crashing through, there were no warning signs, it had just happened only moments ago.

"Erika..." both her parents looked at her. "Erika and Sherrie are both there..."

"Alison don't worry I'm sure Sherrie is fine, that young woman is very resilient."