Chapter 33

Erika Mari Rio Lawrence.

That was the name of their baby girl, and that baby was the cutest little girl in the world. Yara loved her to bits, although when she went to work with Erika, mainly to allow Allen the chance to work on his novel, her coworkers looked at her in extreme shock. A bunch apologizing having no idea about her pregnancy, others where mad saying that she should have told them so that they could have thrown a party about the baby to be which they continued to give her attention.

And over the next few days when coming to work, her coworkers gave Yara gifts for the baby, cloths, toys, and other baby related things. She was surprised that they did this, even more so that many were mad at her for not even mentioning a word about her pregnancy.

Humans... were probably one of the most difficult creatures to understand in the world.

And when Allen took care of her he always had this constant smile on his face, there was so much love in his eyes it almost made Yara feel a twinge of jealousy, though to be fair she did try to molest him in their first encounter.

Although she then discovered something she herself wasn't even aware of until Allen brought it up. "I didn't know you could sing."

Yara looked up at him with a puzzled look. "Hmmm? What did you say?"

"I didn't know you could sing Yara." He repeated, still sounding surprised. "I thought you told me you couldn't."

"I can't, It's just something the children in Japan were singing, I think it was a game that they played. But I liked it so much I thought I should practice and sing it to Erika." Besides that mermaids didn't have the capability to sing, they mainly used their looks to attract those who'd fall prey to them.

"I see." He looked down at their daughter who was now fast asleep. "I think she likes it."

Yara smiled. "I think so too," but then her smile faded to a look of worry.

"Is something wrong?"

"No it's just since Erika is my only child, I just can't help but think of the man that perused me for so very long, although she could end up having relatives that even I don't know of. It's been so long, but if it turns out that there is I hope she never meets any of them."

"Why?"

Her deep blue eyes grew dark from the thought of it. "It would be very bad, to put it simply. Those descendants are not like me, they could want to harm her just for existing, and it wouldn't be that farfetched since you humans seem to kill each other for very little."

Allen said nothing in return as he sat down next to his wife and placed a protective arm around her shoulders, the other running back and forth against their child's soft plump cheek. He knew there would be hardships that the two of them would have to overcome, and even more for their daughter, he knew she would never truly be human, at least not in this world. The best thing he could do as a father was to watch over her and teach her the things he knew, to allow her to become her own person. Erika's future itself was rather unsure but for now he just wanted to make sure that she would have a good life.

Years had soon passed and to Yara's shock and amazement Erika had grown with surprising speed, her daughter's birthday had just passed and she was now eleven years old.

At the start Yara was worried that she wouldn't have been a good mother, but she found that at times she surprised herself when taking care of her daughter and the adults that seemed to look down at Erika for constantly fainting. It wasn't Erika's fault that she had a weak constitution to the heat, if anything Yara felt like she herself was to blame for it; even though she was exceedingly old she would have vague recollection of it happening to herself.