Epilogue

"Bye Mrs. Kisaragi!"

Alison waved goodbye at the third year grade school students who were off heading home as the hot summer sun beat down on them. Alison shielded her eyes as she glanced to the clear blue sky and smiled.

Eight years had passed the destruction of the wave in British Columbia Canada and the battle between Erika Lawrence and Adrian Moon, since then many things had changed, on returning home Alison had spoken to her parents with Takashi by her side the whole while, she wanted her parents and hoped to somehow rekindle their family bonds, but found that her parents had been arrested and their teaching reputations completely ruined not long after the issue with the wave had subsided.

Not to her surprise her parents blamed her for everything that had happened to them and subsequently disowned her. But by then Alison no longer cared and took all of her personal belongings and had them sent to Japan. There were points where she wanted to cry but with Takashi be her side she found her strength to hold back until they were alone, she didn't cry because of her parents but for a different reason.

"Mrs. Kisaragi?" one of the teachers called to her to bring her attention back to the present. "We're about to lock everything up, you can go home now if you'd like."

"Are you sure?" Alison asked in Japanese. "I don't mind helping, it's no problem."

The female teachers looked at each other and then they smiled before shaking their heads. "No, you go on ahead; you have your health to look after all."

"I guess so, if there's anything you need you know you can call me." Alison then headed back into the school to the teacher's office so she could grab her belongings and head home. Only to pause when she opened the sliding door to see a familiar face sitting in her chair flipping through a small photo album. "Mayu."

Mayu raised her head and smiled. "Hello Nee-chan, you took longer than I thought. You ready to go home now?"

Alison placed her hands on her hips at looked at the teenage girl before switching to English. "How in the world did you get in here without me seeing you?"

Mayu grinned. "There's a back entrance to this school, I used to go here once you know."

Alison's arms fell at her sides. "One of these days you're going to have to show me where that so-called entrance is."

"Well you might have to wait a couple of months, seeing as your current condition won't let you squeeze through tight places ow!" she covered the spot of her head where Alison hit her. "Hey I was kidding that was a joke Alison."

"Didn't sound like one to me."

"Remind me to not make jokes to you when you're pregnant."

"Ha-ha."

Mayu then looked back to the mini photo album. "It's been almost eight years now right?"

Alison took the photo album and looked at the photo that Mayu had been staring at, it was the one with Erika during the photo shoot that she, Sherrie and Erika had done for Erika's birthday eight years ago. When Alison returned to Canada the first thing she did was go and see Erika's grandparents and told them what happened to their granddaughter. They cried both out of sadness and relief that Erika was okay, and that she was now in her mermaid form so that humans couldn't hurt her. In return they gave both Alison and Sherrie photos from the shoot, and said that as long as they were alive they would always have this place for Erika if she were to return home.

"Yes it has," Alison said softly as she gathered her things into her shoulder bag, only to have it taken and carried by Mayu. "I can do that you know."