I Don't Like You

Jisoo and Jennie are both in college, they were lucky that they were admitted into the same course: Design. Best friends for ten years, they were best friends since they were eight years old. What Jisoo didn't know was...Jennie actually had a crush on Jisoo since she was thirteen/ at first Jennie thought it was only an infatuation but soon realized that she was in love with Jisoo. Yes, she was in love with her best friend. But Jisoo is straight and still does not realize Jennie's love for her, what would Jennie do?

***

The clock in the dormitory rang, indicating it was already twelve midnight. Jennie lay in bed, she glanced over to the side of the room, where her roommate, also her best friend, Jisoo's bed was located at.

"Aigo, this hardworking girl, it's already twelve midnight, she must be in the physics lab as usual." Jennie murmured to herself, while she popped a fever pill into her mouth. It's the second day since Jennie caught a fever. Fact is, she wasn't getting anywhere better.

"I miss Jisoo..." Jennie hugged the bunnies placed neatly on Jisoo's bed.

BANG!

A loud sound echoed throughout the dormitory. Streaks of lightning came after. As expected, the rain started pouring heavily. And it doesn't look like it is going to stop anytime soon.

"Oh no, this is bad, Jisoo is scared of thunders and lightning. And if I recall correctly, Jisoo did not bring an umbrella out this morning." Although Jennie was still sick, she quickly changed into a set of outing clothes, picked up an umbrella resting on her table, and dashed to the college.

"JISOO!" Jennie screamed as she saw Jisoo at the college entrance, with an obvious frown showing on her face.

Jisoo's face immediately brightened up when she saw her best friend.

"JENNNNIIIEEEE! ~" Jisoo hollered when she saw Jennie running to her. Jisoo pulled her into a tight embrace.

"I'm so scared. I was the only person in the physics lab, no one was with me. All I could hear was the scary thunder rolling and the streaks of lightning flashing through the windows." Jisoo started tearing up and Jennie could feel her tears staining her blouse.

"Don't be scared Chu. I'm here now. Sorry, I couldn't reach here earlier, it was my fault now don't cry. Look I brought an umbrella with me, let's go back to our dorm first okay?" Jennie cupped Jisoo's face and used her thumb to wipe Jisoo's tears away.

As the taller friend, Jennie held the umbrella for Jisoo in her right hand while her left hand held Jisoo's shoulder. While they were turning in a narrow alley, Jennie's arms brushed through a wall and an iron nail pricked her. The pain was too excruciating to handle, but in order for Jisoo not to worry, Jennie just controlled herself and continued walking on although bloodstains were obvious on her shirt. Because it was dark, Jisoo did not notice.

While walking back to their dormitory, Jennie tilted the umbrella to Jisoo's side, hoping the rain wouldn't drench Jisoo. The rain splattered on the right side of Jennie's body, where Jennie's wound was located as.

After the ten minutes walk, they finally reached their dormitory.

"Here, have a sip of warm water." Jennie passed a mug to Jisoo.

"JENNIE, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ARM?!" Jisoo shouted while looking at Jennie's blouse stained with blood.

"Erm, Ohh. It-it's nothing, I just accidentally scraped my...myself just no-now..." Jennie stuttered. Jisoo stood up while Jennie backed away. Too late, Jisoo grabbed Jennie by her left arm to prevent her from moving back.