Sizzling Pop Candies

It was a rainy Sunday morning. Jisoo was bored as she couldn't go cycling in the bad weather. She had already completed the latest Need for Speed game on the Playstation and there was nothing much to watch on cable television. She got up from the couch and paced around the house, trying to find something to do. She flipped a few magazines and books, tried to rearrange the photos on the shelves, and watched the raindrops hitting the white-tiled balcony floor but she was still bored.

"Jen, have you finished revising yet?" Jisoo called out from the living room.

"Not yet, go find something to entertain yourself first. Let's go for a nice lunch later," Jennie replied from the study room. She was busy preparing for her upcoming Chartered Financial Analyst exam and it would be her final one before she would become certified.

Jisoo let out a long sigh. Her girlfriend was busy with exams preparations for the past two weeks that she had practically no time for her.

Fifteen minutes later...

Knock knock

"Jen, can I come in?"

"Yes, darling."

Jennie looked up from her thick textbook and removed the glasses from her nose. She inhaled deeply and gave herself a good stretch.

"I made you a cup of hot chocolate." Jisoo pushed the book aside and set the cup on the table.

Jennie held onto Jisoo's hands and said, "You're so thoughtful, as always. Thank you."

"Your hands are so cold, why don't you put on your sweater?" Jisoo asked while rubbing Jennie's hands with her own.

"Why do I need a sweater when I've got my personal heater?"

Jisoo laughed. She sat on Jennie's lap and enveloped the younger girl in a hug. Jisoo missed Jennie's sweet scent and her touch. Jisoo was usually asleep by the time Jennie went to bed after doing her revisions.

"I'm sorry I haven't been spending enough time with you. After my final exam tomorrow, let's go for a short holiday," Jennie said softly, nuzzling her head in Jisoo's neck.

"Promise?"

"When did I ever break my promises to you?" Jennie said reassuringly. "Now be a good girl and go read a book or play one of your old games. Maybe you should try to break one of your previous high scores. I'll be done soon."

Jennie gave Jisoo a pat on the butt, nudging her to go. However, Jisoo refused to get up from Jennie's lap and was sulking.

"You haven't broken my record for Tetris yet. You've about two hours to do so. If you win, I'll buy you three buckets of chicken."

Jisoo's eyes lit up and she happily leaped off Jennie's lap.

"I'll break your record in fifteen minutes!" Jisoo proclaimed. She kissed Jennie's forehead before leaving the room.

An hour and a half later...

Jennie got out of the study room to use the toilet. She headed for the living room to see what Jisoo was up to.

There was no one in sight. The television was on and the volume was very low. There was an iPad and some random magazines strewn all over on the couch. Jennie picked up the iPad and a wide smile appeared on her face when she saw the screen. Jisoo had broken her record by more than a thousand points.

"That girl must have been pounding the controller. She had been trying to beat my high score since a month ago. Looks like I gotta get her a new one soon. Now, where could she be?" Jennie muttered to herself as she wandered around the apartment.