In A Rush

"Babe, have you seen my other shoe?"

Jisoo heard Jennie shout from the closet, looking for the pair of her white sneakers. They've been busy getting ready since they woke up a bit later than their alarm. She puckered her lips, checking her makeup in the mirror, and took a glance at her girlfriend. She quickly took sight of the missing item near the closet.

"It's beside Kuma, Jendeuk." Jisoo shouted back, taking a last look at the mirror to fix her hair.

The older girl went rushing inside the room to fix her bag by her bed, running into the younger brunette that almost tripped while trying to get across the room hopping with one foot down and tying the lace of the other shoe that she just got to fit on her foot. The raven-haired girl quickly wrapped her arms around Jennie's waist, steadying the other girl.

"Oops. Sorry!" Jennie huffed and continued tying her shoelaces.

"Already tied?" They stood still in the middle of the room for a second.

"Almost there." Jennie stuck her tongue out between her lips.

"All done!" She pats Jisoo's back as she put her other foot down.

They instantly let go of each other and went back to circling around their apartment; the brunette rushing their bedroom. Not long after, Jennie heard a loud thud from the room and stopped in her tracks. She heard her girlfriend groan which made her turn her head to the other side of the hall.

"Chu, what happened?!"

"Nothing! I just went spiderman-mode and tried to catch my phone! I'm fine though!"

"You sure?" worry was evident in her voice.

"Yeah. Thanks, Jendeuk!" She sighed in relief.

The younger of the two nodded to herself and went to the kitchen to grab her notebooks. She stuffed them inside her bag and went to the counter to grab an apple. She also grabbed the sandwiches she made earlier for the two of them to eat later for snacks.

She saw Jisoo stand at the bedroom's doorway from her peripheral vision, putting her black heels on. Jennie took the last bite from her apple and threw the seed into the bin.

"Jen, did you see my blazer? I remember taking it out from the closet earlier and I forgot where I put it."

"You put it on the couch in the living room." She answered with her mouth full, holding the sandwiches in front of her. Jisoo looked up and frowned at the muffled answer that was barely understandable. She had a smile on her lips as she saw the face of Jennie, chewing fast and looking straight back at her with an adorable expression.

"Chew slowly, kitten. You might choke." She shook her head and stifled a giggle.

Jennie smiled at the giggling girl that went to get her blazer in the other room. She finished eating and drank up a glass of water.

She followed Jisoo shortly and met her in the living room. She stood in front of her and held out the sandwich made for her.

"A snack just in case the interview takes longer and you get hungry."

"Thanks, babe." Jisoo took the food and put it in her bag. She kissed her girlfriend's cheek. She was going to put on her blazer but she was stopped by the other girl. She quirked her eyebrow.

Jennie looked at her from head to toe and fixed her blouse. Jisoo's heart melted at her girlfriend's sweet gestures. She also took the appearance of Jennie and used her thumb to wipe the remains of water in the corner of her mouth while the other girl fixed her blouse's collar.

She also fixed Jennie's hair and straightened her top that got folded by the bag slung on her shoulder. The brunette grabbed Jisoo's blazer and gestured her to put her arms in and she followed.

The raven-haired girl glanced at their wall clock and figured that they should be leaving.

"We should go now."

"Okay. You're all set."

"You too. Are you ready? Got your stuff?" her chocolatey-brown eyes scanned the belongings of the brunette. Jennie tightened her grip on her bag's strap.

"Yup! You got yours? Double-checked them?"

"Uh-huh. Triple-checked last night and this morning." She winked and Jennie beamed.

"Let's go?" the younger girl started walking towards the door, followed by the other. As they stepped out of the door and locked it, Jisoo grabbed her wrist before she began walking towards the elevator.

"Wait. Last two things."

"What?"

Jennie grabbed the keys inside her pocket again, thinking that Jisoo forgot something inside the apartment, but before she put them out, her face was in between Jisoo's soft hands and the older girl leaned in for a kiss. The younger girl was stunned for a moment.

"Good luck on your first day of class, babe. You'll do well." She smiled sweetly.

"Good luck on your job interview too, babe. I know you'll do great." She bit her bottom lip, her cheeks slightly blushed.

Jisoo hugged her and placed a peck on her lips. She held her hand and they got in the elevator.

As the elevator approached the ground floor and the doors opened, Jennie followed the pace of her girlfriend and asked her.

"You said the last two things. What's the other one?" she looked puzzled.

They were gonna take different directions once they reach the corner so she was a bit confused. Jisoo just smiled.

Once at the corner of the street, Jisoo turned to her; her lips were once captured again in a short sweet kiss. She saw Jisoo started walking away towards the other side, still facing her.

"I love you!" Jisoo shouted.

"I love you too!"

She gave a flying kiss and Jisoo tried to catch it. She shook her head and chuckled at her wonderful cutie girlfriend. They waved at each other and went their separate ways.

What a perfect way to start her day.

●●●●●