Blind Date (I)

"No" Jisoo said, not even bothering to look back at Irene as she cleaned up her room.

"You didn't even let me finish." Lisa huffed.

"Didn't have to. After the words 'blind date' I knew the answer would be no."

"Oh, come on. She's lovely, a friend of Irene's, they are at university together. She's studying zoology which means she likes animals, so that means the chances of her being a serial killer are minimal."

"Her being a serial killer was the last thing on my mind, Lisa." Jisoo mumbled, grabbing her phone and walking towards the kitchen.

"Then why won't you go? She's perfect for you." Lisa stumbled after Jisoo, skidding to a halt when Jisoo turned to look at her.

"Why are you pushing this?"

"Because, Chu, when was the last time you were on a date?"

Jisoo sighed, "It's none of your business, Lisa. Or Irene's."

"We get it, alright? Rosé messed you up but you can't just not date anyone ever again."

"Again. None of your business."

"No, it is my damn business! I'm fed up with you walking around depressed. Rosé's gone and fucked you over in the process, you have to get the fuck over it."

Jisoo looked down at the floor, biting down on her lip as if willing herself not to punch Lisa.

"Look, I'm sorry but you need a little tough loving right now. Rosé made a fool out of you, she broke your heart but not everyone is like that. I would never set you up with someone who I didn't think was good enough for you.

Jisoo looked up at Lisa.

"Jennie's great. As I said, she's at university, she works at the local radio station, and when isn't working she volunteers at the animal shelter." Lisa stepped towards Jisoo. "I love you, alright? You're my best friend, I just want you to be happy and I think Jennie could do that for you."

Jisoo sighed, running her hand over her face. "Alright, fine. But you're paying."

"Fine." Lisa grinned, quickly hugging Jisoo. "I'll call Irene."

"Her friend does want to do this, right? You guys aren't, like, forcing her into it?"

"No, she's single too."

"That doesn't answer my question." Jisoo snapped but Lisa had already disappeared into her room.

~ ~ ~

"Ok, don't forget. Her name is Jennie. She's twenty..." Lisa fussed, trying to fix Jisoo's bow tie but Jisoo slapped her hand away.

"Will you stop? Bloody hell, you'd think this was your date."

"I just want this to go well."

"If I like her then it will." Jisoo shrugged, slapping Lisa's hand away when she reached for her bow tie again. "Stop it."

"Ok, ok. The reservations under my name."

"I know, you've told me. Twice."

"Right" Lisa walked Jisoo to the door, handing her a handful of money. "Be home by ten."

"Fuck you." Jisoo mumbled half-heartedly, "See you later."

"Don't screw this up or yourself, she really is a nice girl."

Jisoo turned back to smile at Lisa and nodded. "Thank you."'

"I did this for me. You're a depressing son of a bitch."