Monster Spray (I)

Jisoo was lying sleepily on the sofa, she had a long day at work and wanted nothing more than just lay on the sofa with her wife, Jennie.

Jennie was in the kitchen making both of their hot chocolate and they had put their four-year-old daughter down about two hours ago so Jisoo frowned when she heard soft footsteps, lifting her head to look over the back of the sofa.

"Hey, kiddo what're you doing up?" Jisoo asked when her eyes landed on her daughter who was standing with her blanket in one hand and her arm wrapped around the stuffed animal Jisoo had got her the day she was born.

"I had a nightmare." Ella whispered shakily, staring down at her feet.

"Come over here, sweetie."

Ella instantly rushed over to her mom, climbing up onto the sofa and laying on her chest.

"What was it about?" Jisoo mumbled against the child's head, wrapping one arm protectively around her and using her other hand to wipe away the tears on the girl's cheeks.

"The monster under my bed."

"You have a monster under your bed?" Jisoo frowned, pulling back to look down at the girl. "How come you've never told us?"

"Because you always told me to be brave."

"Yeah, with the big kids in the playground not with monsters." Jisoo shook her head, running her hand calmly through the girl's curly brown hair.

"How about tomorrow I go out and buy some of that monstercide spray and spray your room. I'm sure there is nothing there and it's just a bad dream but just to be sure."

"What does it do?" Ella asked curiously, lifting her head to look at her mom.

"You haven't heard of it?" Jisoo gasped and Ella shook her head.

"Oh, it's amazing. It was developed by the top-secret quarters in Area 51, you know the place they keep the friendly aliens? they made it as a way to keep all monsters inside that warehouse and it worked. For over six hundred years not one has gotten out."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you just spray the room once and it keeps all the monsters out of your room forever."

Ella nodded, lifting her head and smiling when she noticed Jennie walk into the room.

"Hey, baby, I thought we put you to bed a while ago." Jennie smiled, placing both mugs on the table before lightly hitting Jisoo's hip signaling her to move over.

Jisoo shuffled back, Ella still laying on her chest, and Jennie laid down on her side to face her wife and daughter.

"She had a nightmare."

"Again?" Jennie pouted, running her hand through Ella's hair.

"Again? When did she have one before?"

"Last night, you were at work."

"Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't here."

"Mommy was here and we cuddled in my bed until I fall asleep." Ella smiled.

"You want my hot chocolate?" Jisoo asked, sitting up, still holding Ella protectively against her as she reached for the hot chocolate.

Ella nodded, taking the mug in her tiny hands and blowing on it as her mom had taught her.

"How long has she been having nightmares?" Jisoo asked, looping her arm around Jennie's shoulders as she sank against Jisoo.

"Few weeks. She only said they were nightmares, though, she never told me what they were about."

"There's a monster under her bed."

"But don't worry, mama's going to get monster spray tomorrow."

"Monster spray, hmm?" Jennie arched her eyebrows at Jisoo who sleepily leaned her head against the back of the sofa.

"Yeah, it keeps all monsters away."

"The peoples in Area 51 maked it to keep the monsters in and none of them has escaped." Ella explained.

"Oh, that monster spray." Jennie agreed, humoring her daughter, turning back to Jisoo when Ella occupied herself with the mug in her hand.

"You have some imagination, you know that?"

"My mom told me when I was a kid that monsters didn't exist and that didn't help so I thought I'd take a different angle."

Jennie nodded, pressing a kiss to Jisoo's lips.

"Mommy." Ella huffed, pointing to her forehead.

"You can sleep in our bed tonight until we take care of your room tomorrow, ok?"

Ella nodded against Jisoo's chest, holding out the half-empty mug to Jisoo who took it and leaned forward to set it on the table.

Ella snuggled closer to Jisoo when she leaned back against the sofa, one arm wrapped around Ella while the other side around Jennie's waist and pulled her closer.

Jisoo pulled Ella's Pikachu blanket around her to prevent her from getting cold and settled down to watch the show she had been watching prior to Ella waking up.

"You think the monster spray will work?" Jennie whispered when she was sure Ella had fallen back asleep.

"Hopefully."

"An what do you plan on using as the spray?"

"I will make a little label and go out and get one of those spray bottles tomorrow while she is at kindergarten, I don't know what I will put in it, though. Probably just water or I could, like stew lavender in it so there's a smell to it, she likes lavender." Jisoo said, looking down at her wife who smiled up at her.

"You look exhausted, long day?"

"You have no idea. My boss was on my ass, she says it just because she really wants me to get the promotion but I don't think it is."

"What she really wants is to bang you against the fucking vending machine." Jennie murmured.

"Jendeuk." Jisoo hissed, looking down at Ella to make sure she was asleep.

"Even if she does I don't want to sleep with her. I don't know if I've ever told you this but I have this really pretty wife."

"I don't think you have, no. What's she like?"

"Jealous but that just shows me she cares. She's beautiful and gave me the most important and wonderful thing in my life." Jisoo grinned, looking down at Ella briefly before lifting her eyes back to Jennie.

"I love her, like a lot so don't you think about hitting on me."

"Wouldn't dream of it." Jennie grinned, leaning up to kiss Jisoo.

"You wanna go to bed?"

Jisoo yawned and nodded, sliding her arm from around Jennie and around Ella, lifting the young girl up as she stood.

Ella mumbled sleepily, hiding her face in Jisoo's neck and wrapping her arms around her mom's neck.

Jennie got into bed first, pulling back the covers and setting up a pillow in the middle for Ella before Jisoo set her down carefully on the bed.

"She's going to kick the hell out of us tonight" Jisoo said with a chuckle, cautiously climbing into the bed, leaning over Ella to kiss Jennie a few times.

"Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you" Jennie replied, settling down against her pillow. "G'night."