If Only

It's already midnight when she got home from hanging out with her friends in a local bar. It's a good night, they were talking about their works, some talked about their new lives with their own partners while others whine why they were still single -- basically it was a night full of catching up for it has been a while since they did that.

Throwing her freshly showered body on to the bed, stares straight up to the ceiling and starts counting all the small light she'd installed herself years ago to serve as her small lights by night. All nights has been like this, spacing out and ended up crying just like what she's doing right now. She's hopeless, she wishes all the pain to go away to leave her because it's suffocating but she doesn't know how to. All those years have passed by quickly, four? five? But the pain is still there, fresh and being cut day by day.

If only she didn't fall so hard to her own best friend.

If only life isn't a big fat bitch.

If only it's that easy to confess, to your own best friend, how much you love her.

If only she could love her or like her back the way she wanted her to do so.

If only... If only...

It was that fateful night, roughly 8 years ago, when her friend forced her to come and hangout with her and the rest of her peers, which most of them are her mutuals except for that one woman -- no idea who among her friends brought "her" in.

Her friend dragged her to where the woman, a very beautiful woman she quoted in her head, was sitting down.

"Want you guys to meet. She's Jisoo, Kim Jisoo a friend of mine. She just got home from working overseas that's why I never had a chance to introduce you guys."

A timid smile.

"And she's Jennie, Jennie Kim. A workmate and my friend since college. Please talk, I don't want an awkward atmosphere here." and left to grab some drinks along with her friends.

That night, friendship bloomed. They were exactly the opposite, but they clicked nonetheless. It took several hangouts with friends, until they did it on their own, just the two of them. Watched movies in cinemas -- having quarrels for one would not want the other one to spend a penny for tickets, eat outside whenever they have time to do so after office hours, spent holidays together whether it's out of town road trips or just laze around either of their apartments, ordered take outs while watching movies the other one should bring if it's not her time to host the day off activities.

Jennie knows she's falling for her own best friend, it's a do or die for she knows Jisoo is straight. Jisoo's not against same sex relationships, she has her own share of bisexual, gay, or lesbian friends, but she once said she couldn't see herself dating a woman. It's back out or die but Jennie chose to die -- so now she is dying.

She could hear her heart broke into thousands if not million pieces when her best friend dropped the bomb, she had been afraid to explode right in front of her. She's dating, to a man which both of them thought was the one she's been looking for. He's good and loyal. It's hard to admit but Jennie couldn't lie to herself, could she?