Get Lucky

Colorful lights spun around the crowded dance floor while rock music pulsated through the huge speakers. Dancing sweaty bodies were squashed against each other as everyone soaked up the hot and electrifying atmosphere in the club. Tonight, the popular in-house DJ was at the helm, mixing a range of tunes to get her customers up on their feet.

"Hey, Jisoon!"

The DJ caught someone waving to her from the dance floor. She waved back, her other hand still supporting the headphones that were pressed onto one ear. Her head bobbed along with the beats of the music and she mixed song after song.

Her name was Kim Jisoo. She went by the name of Jisoon whenever she was on shift. It sounded cooler than her real name and it was a good conversation starter. Often, people had expected her to be a male but were pleasantly surprised to see a slim, short, and heart-shaped lip female instead.

During her short break, Jisoo went down to the dance floor to say hi to the regular customer she saw earlier on. On her way there, she stopped at the bar counter to grab a mix of vodka and Redbull. Something to keep her energy level up to last through the night.

"Lisa!"

"Jisoon!"

A blonde broke away from a group of women at a table and ran over to hug Jisoo. Jisoo used her free arm to hug her while pressing a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you for coming," Jisoo beamed, happy to see her regular customer at the club.

"I brought my friends to the club. One of them is getting married next week and we're throwing a hen's night party for her! Let me introduce you to her!" Lisa, Jisoo's friend, said excitedly.

Lisa pulled Jisoo towards the table. She pointed at a dark-haired woman with fair skin.

"That's the bride-to-be! Jennie, come over here. Let me introduce the most charismatic DJ in town!"

Though Jisoo had seen many pretty women like Jennie, her smile was particularly alluring. It had a peculiar hypnotic effect that got her hooked.

Jisoo flashed her signature lopsided grin which often caused both men and women to fall for her charms. Jennie was no exception. Jisoo noticed the glint in the bride-to-be's eyes as she approached.

"Congratulations on your engagement, Jennie!"

"Thank you," Jennie replied shyly. She was surprised to discover that Jisoo was a woman. Jisoo had her hair tucked underneath a military cap and she wore an army-printed jacket over a white tank top. She thought Jisoo was a male as she couldn't see her clearly from the dance floor earlier on. Jisoo had a strong look with her sharp jawline and piercing eyes yet she exuded an air of femininity up close.

"Let's celebrate with a drink!" Jisoo proclaimed.

The party of four nodded excitedly. Jisoo noticed they were drinking red wine and shook her head at their choice of alcohol.

Jisoo frowned. "No, no, this isn't accepted as a drink. Jin, get me two jugs of long island tea! Ten tequila shots too! In the meanwhile, as a welcome drink, Jennie, finish this up."

Jisoo shoved her glass of alcohol, vodka, and Red Bull, into Jennie's hand. "One-shot."

Jennie opened her eyes wide, taken aback by the DJ's request. She had only just met Jisoo and didn't expect the DJ to be so insistent.

"Come on, why are we waiting? Why are we waiting?" Jisoo chanted, clapping her hands in rhythm. Jennie's friends joined in the chanting as well, earning a glare from the bride-to-be.