With You

I need you boo, I gotta see you boo

And the hearts all over the world tonight,

Said the hearts all over the world tonight

Heavy footsteps trudged through the corridor. Jennie pushed the door to her office and dumped the stack of files on her desk before collapsing onto her chair. She let out a huge weary sigh before spinning the chair around to face the large window beside her desk.

A deflated-looking person looked back at Jennie in the reflection of the window. The long afternoon meeting stretched into the night and the sky outside was dark apart from the lights in the opposite office block. The petite woman pulled herself up, placed her hands behind her head, and stretched her legs in front of her. She closed her eyes for a moment, intending to take a short breather before she continued her work.

An image of a smiling woman folding up her fork and knife, ready to dig into the medium-rare ribeye steak in front of her. It was Jisoo's favorite restaurant at the Sunset Strip and she had insisted on eating there the moment they arrived in Los Angeles.

Jennie opened her eyes and noticed she was smiling in her reflection. That was when she knew staying late in the office to finish her work was the last thing on her mind. Jumping up from her chair and grabbing her bag from the drawer, Jennie hurried out of the office.

And I'm so glad to be yours,

You're a class all your own

And, oh, little cutie, when you talk to me

I swear, the whole world stops, you're, my sweetheart

And I'm so glad that you are mine, you are one of a kind

As Jennie opened the door to their apartment, she heard hasty footsteps heading towards her.

"Welcome back!" A cheery voice greeted.

The lovely sight in front of Jennie was dressed in a light pink cotton sleep shirt that covered her bum. A fluffy white elastic band held up the messily tied ponytail.

"Hey baby," Jennie greeted with a tired smile.

Taking a step forward, Jennie fell into the open arms in front of her and was quickly wrapped in a warm embrace. Her arms were slack against the sides of her body and she was thankful for the support Jisoo offered. The sweet smell of lavender reached her nose and it caused her tensed muscles to relax and the throbbing headache to disappear.

Jisoo rubbed Jennie's back and pressed a firm kiss against the older woman's right temple. From Jennie's body language, she knew she was having a bad day at work and didn't need to ask.

"I made pasta. Let me heat it up for you while you take a shower."

Jisoo felt a nod against her neck.

"Thank you."

Jisoo lifted her shoulder, giving Jennie a nudge but it seemed the latter didn't want to remove her head from Jisoo's shoulder. "Get going now, I'll be done in ten minutes."

"You smell so good, I don't want to move," Jennie whined like a little kid.

"But you don't smell good and I need you to move in order to prepare your dinner. Now, shoo, shoo!" Jisoo teased as she pushed Jennie away.

Stepping out of the bathroom after a warm shower, Jennie felt refreshed. She skipped towards the kitchen, humming a random song along the way.

During dinner, Jisoo was the one who did most of the talking. She knew Jennie tended to speak a few words whenever she was exhausted and hence, she took the initiative to share interesting news and random gossips.

Jennie's mood was lifted as she listened to Jisoo talk. She nodded and added a few comments here and there while eating the homecooked vongole. It was her favorite pasta and Jisoo was a good chef. The fragrant smell of white wine sauce coupled with linguine pasta and clams brought a smile to her face. She was appreciative of Jisoo's efforts and knew how lucky she was.

After dinner, Jisoo offered to wash up since Jennie was tired. Jennie insisted on helping but Jisoo refused.

"You can clean up the next time."

Not intending to leave, Jennie casually rest her chin on Jisoo's shoulder and wrapped her arms around the latter's waist as Jisoo washed the cutlery. When Jisoo was done, the couple headed for the living room.

They cuddled on the soda while news played on the television.

Suddenly, Jennie broke into a song.

And you mean to me what I mean to you and together baby,

There is nothing we won't do

Jisoo giggled, recalling the moments they shared.

'Cause if I got you, I don't need money,

I don't need cars, girl, you're my all

Jisoo let out a fake gasp. "We do need money, dear. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to buy you gummies and go on holidays with you."

"Awww..." Jennie pouted, sticking her lips out.

Jisoo laughed at the childish woman and gave her a peck on the lips. Jennie inched closer, her lips remaining in a pout. Jisoo left another peck and then a few more. It was until the fifth one that Jennie placed her hand along Jisoo's jaw and captured her lips for a long moment.

"Baby, you're the best part of my day," Jennie flashed a sincere smile before kissing Jisoo's forehead. "I'm so glad I've got you."

Busy days were never tiring anymore when Jennie had Jisoo at the end of the day.

●●●●●