Chapter 3

Sana wakes up to a splitting headache. After a strong coffee and a cold shower, she feels better. She opens her closet to find her clothes when her eyes fall on the dress that she had worn the previous night.

She now remembers the party she had been to with her friends. Then the guy, Pritha's friend, Tarun, had brought the drinks. And no sooner had she taken a few sips, she found people rushing out. She lost her friends and came across someone.

She tries hard to remember whom she met in the dark. She closes her eyes and suddenly things start coming back to her in bits and pieces. And the first thing she remembers is those pairs of eyes.

Sidharth stops his bike at the gates of the mansion he had visited the previous night. He talks to the security guard and enters the premises.

He sits in the magnificent living room designed for royalty. There is a huge classy chandelier hanging from the ceiling, a grand sofa with a sophisticated centre table. And matching exquisite furniture and accessories completes the decor. He looks around waiting for someone to come. He wants to get out as soon as possible. He was bound to come otherwise he would have never returned to this place.

"Yes?"
Sidharth hears a voice and he stands up. He turns to find a middle-aged man standing at the foot of the staircase in an expensive suit.
Sidharth takes a few steps towards him, coming face-to-face and says,"Hello Sir. I was here yesterday. I was the one who dropped Miss. Suri home."

Sukhbinder nods his head, "Oh yes! I saw you last night. Raj told me about you this morning. Thanks son."
Sidharth nods his head, "Don't mention it."
Sukhbinder asks, "Please sit. What will you have? Tea or.."
"Nothing Sir. I just came to.."
"Was she supposed to pay you something? Just tell me.."
Sidharth shakes his head, "No Sir. I was here to return something that Miss.Suri had left behind in the car last night."

Sukhbinder stares at him for a moment and is about to ask him something when he hears, "You? What are you doing here?"
Sidharth and Sukhbinder turn to see Sana on the top of the stairs. She comes down and repeats her question, "What are you doing here?"
Sidharth smiles, "Just wanted to give you something. So I had to come."
"What? Is it the bill for the money that you spent on me last night?"

Sukhbinder interrupts, "Sana. Behave. "
"What did I do? I am just asking."
"But your tone is not right. He had helped you, not once but twice. Talk to him nicely. "
Sidharth smiles again, "It's alright Sir. I don't expect any good behavior from her."
"Oh hello Mister Part-time driver! Don't try to act smart in front of my Dad."
"You know what Miss.Egoistic, I am already smart so I don't need to put up any act."

Sana's face turns furious,"How dare you call me Egoistic! You beggar!"
"Sana stop!"
"Mind your language Miss. I am not a beggar."
Sidharth says with a strong voice.
"You are that's why you are here. You want money for everything you did for me. Pritha was right. I was stupid to consider you to be a good guy."
Sidharth pulls out her bracelet from his pocket. He pulls her hand and puts the bracelet on her palm.

"This. I came here for this. You had left it behind in the car last night. I saw the engraving. I felt it must be valuable to you. But I was stupid to think like that. Yes, this might be valuable but only in terms of money. Because that's what you understand. Emotions have no place in your world."
"Hey you.."
Sidharth interrupts her, "I am not finished yet. I came to return your bracelet and not take any money. If I wanted that then I could have taken it last night only from your brother."

"Not everyone is greedy like you think. Yes, money is important. But it is not everything. It is not above emotions, humanity and love. I work two jobs and yes I drive taxis at times. I do it to help my family. However I don't beg or ask for it in return for any help. I don't. So next time try to think before taking sh*t about people."
He turns towards Sukhbinder,"My apologies for the language. I will take your leave Sir. Unlike a few people here, I have a job to go to."