Chapter 16

Sidharth stirs in his sleep. He could feel something heavy on his chest. In his sleep, he tries to think what could it be? Pillow. Maybe.
He falls asleep again without thinking much. It's only when his alarm goes off that he opens his eyes and finds someone sleeping on his chest. He only sees locks of hair and he screams. Sana lifts her head and screams back hearing him.
Sidharth realises it's her and covers her mouth with his palm.
"Sh.. quiet please. Ma.."
Sana nods her head.

Sumitra knocks the door, "Sid, what happened?"
Sana replies, "Kuch nahi Ma, woh cockroach uth gaya tha. I mean Bahar agaya tha. Don't worry."
"Cockroach phir se? Okay uth gaye ho toh come out. I am making breakfast."

Sidharth asks,"Cockroach uth gaya hai ka kya matlab?"
"Matlab cockroach uth gaya hai."
She giggles saying it.
"Shut up! Why did you scream?"
"I screamed? You screamed, that's why I screamed. Bhoot dekh liya tha kya?"
"Nahi, bhootni dekhli woh bhi subha subha!"
Sana makes a face, "Hau, you called me bhootni? You.. cockroach."
"Shut up you chipkali!"
"Tu Bandar kahinka."
"Nakchadi chuhiya!"
"You.. you.."
"Khatam teri vocabulary? Tu gadhi thi, gadhi hi reh gayi."
"Sidhu, Mar dalungi tujhe.."
"Do whatever but still I will call you gadhi. Samjhi Sheh.."

Sidharth stops saying anything further. Sana stays silent as well.
"I am getting late. I have to go to work."
"Hmm.."
"What Hmm.. utho?"
"Hun?"
"Oh my goodness! What a piece are you! Kripya, uthengi mere upar se?"
Sana suddenly realises and biting her tongue, she moves away from him.

Sidharth sits on the dining table munching on toasts when Sana comes to the table. Both steal glances and lower their heads to eat. Sana says, "Ma, I have to go to the office today. There's so much work pending."
Sumitra smiles, "Go then. Work is important."
"Ma, work is important but so is health. Don't you think someone should take rest."
Shini giggles and says,"Sana bhabhi is right. Someone should."
Sidharth stares at them, "Someone is alright and has work. Ma, chup karao dono ko."
Both giggles and Sumitra says, "Uff. Bas karo dono. Tu khale."

A car enters the gate and stops at the patio. Rajvir gets down and comes inside. He touches Sumitra's feet and smiles at others.
"Sit, have breakfast."
Sumitra says.
"No, aunty. Main kha ke aaya hun. How are you Sidharth?"
"I am good."
"Shalini, are you going to college today? I mean, I said I would drop you there. "
Shini nods her head, "Yes, I will have to return today. Just give me a few minutes."
Rajvir smiles meekly, "No, take your time. I am in no hurry. "

Both smile at each other and Sidharth just stares at their faces.
"Shini, you can go in the bus, why bother Rajvir? "
Rajvir immediately replies, "C'mon Sidharth, I am going there. I will drop her on the way. It's not a big deal."
Sidharth nods his head.
Rajvir again says, "Sana teri gadi aa jayegi in half an hour. Tujhe kahin jana hai?"
"Yes. I have to go to office. Aur kitne din na jaun. I have to start the work on Mrs. Batliwala's out-house. Design finalise karna hai."

Sidharth sips tea, listening to the conversation.
"Sidharth, Dad has asked you if you are alright and free tonight. He wants you both to come to dinner tonight.",
Rajvir says.
Sana grins, "Of course we will."
Sidharth gazes at her and says,"We can do it sometime later. "
Rajvir says, "If you are not well then it's okay. I will tell Dad that."
"If someone is well enough to go to the office then he can surely go for dinner. Isn't it Ma?"
Sumitra says, "Rajvir, tell your father they will come."
Sidharth stares at Sana who tries to suppress her smile. Giving out a deep breath, he continues his breakfast.

Sidharth goes to his little office at the back of the showroom. He opens his bag to take out his lunchbox. And his eyes fall on a pouch. He opens it to find an epipen inside along with a note. It read,
Don't lose this. Kindly carry it with you.