Chapter 27

Sana opens the door and in front of her stands a girl with luggage. She is tall, slim, beautiful and dusky. Her long black hair is tied into a pony. She wears a simple t-shirt, cotton trousers and sneakers.
"Yes?"
"Who is it?"
Sidharth asks as he comes out of the room. The girl smiles and moves past her into the house. She immediately jumps at Sidharth, wrapping her arms around his neck, giving him a tight hug.
She plants a kiss on his cheek and says, "I have Missed you, Sid!"

Sana stood there still, unable to understand what was happening. Who was this girl who was kissing her Siduram?

Sidharth releases himself from his hold and says, "Jaan? What are you doing here? Tum Kab aai? Call kyun nahi kiya?"
Sana whispers,"Jaan?"
"Jaanvi?"Sumitra asks as soon as she comes out.
The girl immediately touches her feet and gives her a hug.
"Aunty! Kaise ho aap? Where's Shini?"
"Beta tum iss waqat? Seema ne toh bataya nahi tu ane Wali hai."

She laughs, "I had asked her not to tell you. I wanted to give him and you all a surprise. Shini! Shini!"
Jaanvi immediately gives a hug to Shini who walks out of the room, rubbing her eyes.
"Jaan? Tu kab aai? Wow!"
"My flight landed a few hours ago. I took a cab here. Wanted to surprise everyone. Bol hui na?"
"I am shocked! Tu toh ek mahine baad ane Wali thi. Jhooti."
"Mujhe project ke liye bhejh diya jaldi. So I thought of giving everyone a surprise."

"You are staying here. Right?"
Shini asks.
"Yes. Jab tak mujhe office accommodation nahi dete, I can stay here. Aunty, I hope I am not giving you any trouble."
"America mein kya rehne chali gai formality kar rahi hai? This is your house."
"Thank you aunty! Kya Sid tum toh aur lambe ho gaya ho."
"Chup kar! Ab tumhe bhi jhelna hoga mujhe."
"Aunty dekho kya bol raha hai."
"Sid, chup kar."

Sana stands there watching her family talking to a stranger, forgetting about her. She makes a sound of clearing her voice. They all turn to see her.
"Hello! Koi introduction karwaye ga mere se?"
Sumitra smiles, "Hain, hum log toh bhul hi gaye the. Jaanvi, this is Shehnaaz."
Jaanvi smiles at her, "Hi Shehnaaz!"
Sana takes a few steps towards her, "Hi!"
Sumitra smiles, "Jaanvi, get freshen up. I will make something for you. Then you can rest. Shehnaaz, tu bhi jaa room mein, subha baat kar lena. Sid, sun thoda. "
Jaanvi goes inside and Sana pulls Shini to the side.
"Shini, who is Jaanvi?"
Shini yawns, "Bhabhi, Jaanvi.. Jaan hai meri. My best friend. Aur kaun. Acha, main jaa rahi hun sone. Good night."

Sana goes back into the room and starts pacing up and down. She has no idea why she is upset. Is she upset because their moment got wasted or is it because of the random stranger in her house who was wrapping her arms around her husband, telling him how much she has missed him? The next moment she removes the notion about the moment. It wasn't a moment. The actual moment within big inverted commas had already been ruined by her, the previous night. Yes, the kiss.
The feeling was another punch to her abdomen. She plops on the bed and covers her face with a pillow.

She hears the door open and she gets up. It's Sidharth. He goes to the wardrobe and starts going through his stuff.
"Siduram, who is Jaanvi?"
"Hun? Jaanvi is Jaanvi."
"Shut up! Who is she to you?"
Sidharth turns and thinks for sometime, "Hmm.. meri Bua ki nanad ki .. Chachi Sas ki beti ki beti. I think... Whatever, she is Seemi aunty's daughter."
"Why do you call her Jaan?"
"Jaan for Jaanvi."
He walks past her and picks up his phone from the table.
"What is she doing here?"
"You just heard, she will stay here till she gets her accommodations."

"Hain, but why? Why isn't she in her home? And you had said, you had no relations with your relatives. Why is she here then?"
"What? Shehnaaz, she is Seema aunty's daughter, not some relative. They were our neighbours for a long time. Always good to us. Now aunty lives with her son in Bangalore. Jaan too lives there. She is here for her work. And she is gonna live here."
"I don't like her."
"You just met here. By the way, she is going to sleep here?
"What? Why?"