Chapter 35

Sidharth stops his bike by a flower shop to buy a bouquet of red roses. The young boy at the shop tells him it is sold out. Disappointed he buys a few red carnations. He then buys chocolates and with a big smile he drives his bike towards Shehnaaz's office. He will tell her his feelings tonight. That was the plan, he will join Rajvir and then tell her what she is for him.

Sidharth parks his bike and rushes inside. But he finds the office closed. He pulls the phone to make a call to her but it goes into full ring but she doesn't pick up.

"Wow! Yeh flowers mere liye? Thanks Sid!"
Jaanvi exclaims the moment he enters the house. She stands up and takes it from his hand. Shini sitting beside her sees the chocolate and takes it from his hand.
"Please bolo yeh chocolates mere liye hai?"
"Nahi. Obviously yeh sab mere liye hi hoga. You heard about the news, haven't you? Rohan told you na?"
Sidharth asks, "Shehnaaz abhi tak nahi lauti?"
"Na, abhi tak lauti nahi. Maa ko bola tha late hoga.. Aa jayegi. Ab bolo na? Mere liye hai ya phi iske liye?"
Jaanvi smiles, "He has got them for me. Mere promotion ki khabar mil gai hai. Hai na?"

Sidharth had no idea what they were talking about.
"Hun? Kya?"
"Rohan ne mere promotion ke bare mein tumhe batadiya hai na? Isliye yeh bouquet aur chocolates."
He looks at his room that is in darkness.
"Hmm.. congratulations. Are you staying here tonight?"
Jaanvi hugs him and says, "Yes. Weekend pe hun, Monday wapas jayungi."
"Good. Dono so jao. Don't be late. "
"Bhaiya, khana garam kar dun?"
"Na. Bhook nahi hai. Good night."

"Sidharth Sehgal! "
Sidharth hears the door close and his name being called. He was drawing in his work corner. He doesn't turn or reply to her. She comes and stands in front of him with her hands crossed by her chest.
"Sidharth, what was that?"
He doesn't reply again.
"I am talking to you."
"I can see that."
"Good then reply."
"To what?"
"Why?"

Sidharth stares at her face.
"Do you think everyone has the similar kind of superior brain activity that you possess? No one can match yours. You must know that."
"Hun? Kya brain? Samajh nahi aya."
"Exactly."
He starts drawing again. She comes by his side and clutches his t-shirt sleeve.
"Oye Mister, jyada smart mat Bono. You are diverting everything."
"First of all, get your hands off me. Second, I am smart so I don't need to become that. And lastly diverting from what? What exactly were you asking? What?"

Shehnaaz leaves his sleeve and gives out a deep breath.
"I said I love you. You didn't say anything back. You said you wanted time. I was okay with that as well. But you went and got her flowers and chocolate. That I will not tolerate. Why did you do that? Why?"
Sidharth gazes at her but stays silent.
"You got it now? Answer me."

"Phir se chup? Mere liye tumhare paas kya bas yeh chupi hi hai?"
"Kaash tum samjh Pati meri iss khamoshiyon ko."
He mutters.
"Kya? What did you say?"
"Go and sleep."
"No. Pehle answer me."
"I have nothing to answer."
"Yes you have to. Sid ne mere liye mere favorite carnations laye hai. See he has got me chocolates as well. Will you have a bite? I wanted to bite her head off, kamini kahinki."
"Stop it, Shehnaaz."

"Why should I? Apni Jaan ke liye itna kuch aur mere liye kuch nahi? Wait, do you love her?"
"Shut up now! What the f*** are you talking? Dimag Tera kharab ho gaya hai. Jaan.. Jaanvi is like a sister to me. How could you say such rubbish things?"
"Then why did you give her those things?"
"I didn't. Okay! I didn't. But even if I did give her, why is it upsetting you? Why? She is my friend, I can give her anything I want. You just go and sleep. You must be tired from.. whatever you were doing with whoever you were with."
He turns the lights off and goes to the window seat.

She follows him there.
"Oh! Is it about that? I am late that's why you are angry. I was with my.."
"I don't want to know now. Just leave me alone."
"Sidharth, I was with my old friends. My college friend Varun was in Mumbai for a day and visited me at the office. I left with him and we met our old friends for.."
"I said I don't want to know."