Epilogue

It was a grand hall with a huge stage. Men and women sat on round tables facing it. A dance performance was going on. After it got over, the anchor came up and thanked the group for their performance.

She then said, "Now we will go to the next set of awards."
She started giving the category names and inviting well-known personalities from the business world and politics to give away the awards to the winners.

She then said, "The Next award is for the young people who have achieved new heights in a short period of time. Today we have two men receiving this for their contribution in the clothing industry. Please welcome the faces behind VS Garments on the stage, for the Young Businessmen of the year."

Among the round of applause, Ryan stood up from a table in the second row. Beside him sat his father who hugged him and smiled. Rohan and Rohit stood up and hugged him too. He extended his palm and a hand covered it. Ryan smiled and pulled him to his feet. Both men hugged each other.

"Sid! We did it!"
Sidharth broke the hug and nodded. He smiled at everyone, hugged them and touched his mother's feet. Shehnaaz smiled at him, with pride in her eyes. He kissed her head before coming out.

The two friends walked to the stage together. Sidharth wore a midnight blue tuxedo, with matching waistcoat, pants and bow tie. Ryan wore a navy blue velvet tuxedo. Both looked smart.

Once they were on the stage, the anchor said, "I would like to request someone who had started his career at a very young age. He was not even in his twenties when he started his organization and today he has a multi-million dollar empire under his name. Who can be better to present this award than him? Please welcome Mr.Sidharth Raichand on the stage."

Sidharth was a bit surprised to hear his name. He had talked to him that morning but hadn't mentioned that he would be presenting this award to them. He knew he would be present. He got the businessman of the year award, sixth time in a row.

Sidharth stood up from another table in the front. He wore a black Italian tuxedo with matching waistcoat and bowtie. He buttoned his jacket and got up on stage.

The men shook hands and Sidharth Raichand said, "Congratulations!"
Ryan asked, "You knew, Didn't you?"
Sidharth just smirked.

After taking the award, Sidharth took the microphone and said, "Thank you everyone for considering us two as the Young Businessmen of the year. This.. this means a lot to me.. to us. I mean we are.. just two amateurs with no experience or knowledge of running a business. We just had an aim to do something on our own, be successful in it. We did a lot of hard work. And.. today we have established a name.. VS Garments."

"This award is an assurance that we are doing something right. We are on the right path. It is a motivation for us to do better."

He looked at his family. "This wouldn't happen without the support of my family and friends. So a big thank you to them. And a heartfelt thanks to an important person who believed in us when no one did."
He looked at Sidharth Raichand and said, "Thank you Sidharth Raichand, for presenting this to us. It means a lot."

Sidharth Raichand gave a slight nod. He had a soft smile on his face.
Ryan took the microphone and said, "Honestly I don't know what to say. I would just say thank you to this man here, my brother, my best friend. He is the reason I worked and achieved something otherwise I was wasting my life. So thanks Sid.. and thank you everyone."

Everyone was at the after party. Waiter roamed around carrying drinks and appetizers. People were chatting among themselves.

Sidharth smiled and introduced everyone.
"This is my mother, Sumitra Sehgal, my sister, Shini, sorry Shalini, her husband Rajvir Suri. You know Ryan and Uncle. These are my other two buddies, Rohan and Rohit. And this is my wife, Shehnaaz Sehgal."