Chapter 39

Sidharth opens his eyes and the bright lights from the windows hit them. He shuts them instantly. He takes some time to open them and finds himself lying on the sofa. The house is silent, the room messy and he is in a similar bad shape.
Was he dreaming about Shehnaaz? Maybe it was all a dream.
He sits up and holds his throbbing head, a classic sign of hangover from all the alcohol he took the previous night. The steam and smell of coffee makes him look up. There in front of him, holding a mug of coffee stood the woman of his dreams. She has the prettiest smile, the one that could brighten any cloudy day.
It is indeed her so it was all a reality and not a dream.

"Dream? Kya dream?" She asks.
He realized he had said the sentence aloud. Shehnaaz sits beside him with a thud and hands him the mug of the hot beverage.
"I believe you have a hangover. yeh pilo, black coffee. Hangover utar jayegi."
He takes it from her hand and puts it on the table. He then grabs her both hands and stares into her eyes.
"Kya kar rahe ho?"
"Khud ko yakeen dila raha hun ke tu sachi mere samne hai aur main koi sapna nahi dekh raha hun." He cups her face. "Don't leave me again. If you have anything on your mind, you will tell me. Promise me."
"I will. Chalo, get fresh and then we will have breakfast together with hot ginger tea."
"You mean, the breakfast that I will make. Right.. right.. Jaa raha hun."

Sidharth comes out of the bedroom and is about to enter the kitchen when he dashes with Shehnaaz. He holds her by her waist, preventing a fall. Both stare into each other's eyes as he helps her get back to her feet.
"Kya kar rahe the itna time? I was coming to call you."
He runs his fingers through his wet hair. "Hmm.. kya banaun, bol?"
"Kuch nahi, bas baitho. Chalo."
She drags him to the dining table and makes him sit on one of the chairs. He tries to ask her but she disappears into the kitchen without listening. She returns back with a casserole and two steaming cups of tea. She places them on the table. She takes out a plate and puts a ladle full of poha from the casserole on it.

Placing the plate in front of him, she says, "Lo, poha aur Chai. Taste it and tell me how it is?"
Sidharth looks at the food placed on the table and then her face.
"Tu ne banayi hai? Like seriously?"
"Yes. Kya hua, kha kyun nahi rahe ho?" She asks.
"Soch raha hun, Itni badi risk leni chahiye ke nahi."
"Hun? Risk?"
Sidharth suppresses his smile, "There's a big risk to try the food you made. Will I remain alive?"
"Hau? Kitna ka.. I mean gande ho tum. Itne pyar se banaya. Itni mehnat ki aur tum.." She makes a face.
"Maine Kab mana kiya. Pyar and mehnat toh pura hai, but risky toh phir bhi hai na.."

She starts hitting him. "This is your love.. I hate you."
"Arey.. yaar.. sorry.. mazak kar raha hun.. "
When she doesn't stop, he holds her wrist and pulls her on his lap. He wraps his arms around her and whispers in her ear, "You love me."
He smells her sweet fragrance and starts planting soft kisses on her ear lobe.
"Sidharth.. chodo.. chai thandi ho rahi hai.."
"Hone do.." He whispers.
"Ma.."
He immediately leaves her and turns towards the door. She immediately gets off him and giggles. She says,"Maa is not coming today."
"Tu na.. "

Sidharth takes a sip of the tea and then eats a spoon full of poha.
"Hmm.. not bad.. Actually, it's good. Are you sure you made it yourself? I mean how?"
"How ka kya matlab? Of course I have made them. Maa ne sikhaya hai."
He smiles, " Good. I don't have to burn my hands now in the kitchen. Abhi woh husband wali feel aa rahi hai. Wife, lunch mein kya bana rahi ho?"
She pulls his ear, "Oye, bahut husband wali feel le li. I don't know anything else. Lunch toh tumhe hi bana na padega."
"Haan pata hai.. ah.. chod kaan.. pati ke kaan nahi khichte."
She leaves his ear, "Acha? Can a wife tickle a husband? I am sure that's not a problem."
He stares at her, "Don't you dare do that.."
She extends her hands, wiggles her fingers. He leaves the chair and runs. She follows him giggling. She stops after trying, tired and heaving.
"I give up." She plops on the sofa. And he does the same beside him.