Chapter 36

Sidharth sat on the floor of his room, putting his clothes inside his suitcase. Shehnaaz hands him a pouch which he takes from her hands and puts it inside. They exchange a smile during the time and Shehnaaz goes and stands by the bed. Sidharth closes it and puts the luggage at the corner.

"Sab rakh diya?"
"Hmm.. "
"Lights off kar deti hun. You need to sleep."
Before he could say anything, she goes and turns off the lights. She hurriedly moves towards the bed but he catches her wrist, stopping her from going away. He calls her name asking her to face him but she doesn't reply or turn back. He pulls her closer and turns her face towards him. He lifts her chin to witness those beautiful eyes, filled with tears.

"This is why you were avoiding me? Lights off isliye kiya tune?"
She gets into his arms and starts sobbing. He hugs her tightly trying his best to stay strong for her.
"Bas kar ab. Kitna royegi?"
She lifts her head and moves back to face him.
"Sidharth, Jana kya sachi jaruri hai?"
He smiles and nods his head, "This is important for Rajvir. I said yes for this work only for him. Don't you want him to succeed?"
"Hmm.. but.."
"It's just for a few days."
"Why Sidharth? Kyun hum e aise dur rehna padta hai? Pehle Jaanvi ki wajah se and now.. Why? I just got you like sachi muchi."
He cups her face, wipes her tears, "You will have me by your side for this lifetime. I love you. "

She blinks as she stares into his deep dark eyes, filled with love for her.
"I love you too, Sidharth."
He tilts his face and captures her lips. Kiss deepens as passion runs high. She wraps her arms around his neck and he pulls her closer by her waist. Tongues meet and she breaks into goosebumps. Leaving her lips he starts planting kisses on her jawline, leading towards her neck and collarbone. Her fingers fumble trying to unbutton his shirt. And just then they hear a noise from outside.

Sidharth comes out of the bedroom and turns on the lights of the living area. He finds Shini crouching on the floor near the side table, rubbing her toe.
"Shini? What are you doing here?"
"Bh..bhaiya, nothing. Just got up to.. drink water and my foot hit the table."
"Lagi hai kya zor ki? Let me get some ice."
Shehnaaz says and goes inside the kitchen. Sidharth walks up to her, helps her sit down on the sofa and then picks up the phone. The phone that was still connected gets disconnected immediately when Sidharth says hello.

Shehnaaz comes in and puts an ice pack on Shini's feet.
"Kaun tha phone pe?"
Shini takes the phone from his hand and keeps groaning in pain without replying.
"I am asking you something."
"Uff! Mujhe lagi hai aur aap ko abhi jawab chahiye?"
"Tere muh pe nahi lagi hai. Bol sakti hai tu. Fine, give me your phone. I can see it myself. "
"It was my friend, Puja."
"Then why did you snatch the phone from my hand and why did she disconnect the phone once I picked it up."
"I don't know."
"Shini, bewkoof nahi hun main, samjhi tu. Phone dikha."
"No. It's my phone. I am not giving you."
"Stop it both of you.. Maa uth jayegi."

Sumitra comes out of the bedroom.
"What's going on? Itna shore kyun ho raha hai."
Shehnaaz shakes her head and says, "Kuch nahi, Shini ko lagi. Paani peene uthi thi. Lights off thi. You go to sleep, Maa."
"Why? Lights kyun off thi?"
Sidharth stares at Shini, "She was busy over the phone and didn't want anyone to find that out."
She stares at him out of shock, "Iss waqt? Kis se?"
"Aap poochlo."
"Shini?"
"Uff! Bhaiya, aap ko Acha lagta hai, mujhe Maa se dant khila kar. I was talking to my friend. Bas. I am not a kid, I am an adult now. Stop this interference in my personal space."
"Interference? Right. Badi ho gai hai, main hi bhul jata hun. What else am I supposed to do, now that you are an adult."

"Sidharth, please bas karo."
"Shini, this is really going too far. Tera bhai hai woh, pooch liya kuch toh aise baat karegi."
"Meri kya koi life nahi hai? Why these restrictions? Why so many questions?"
Sidharth clenches his teeth and turns towards his mother, "Jise jo sochna hai soche but I Can't change. Maa, either of my friends, or all the three will be here at night. One of them will drop and pick Shini from the office till I return."
Shini gazes at him with anger. She gets up, limps to her room and slams the door behind her.