Chapter 44

The two men walked towards Sukhbinder and Rajvir.
One of them asked, "Well, you look surprised to see me."
Sukhbinder, with a shocked expression,"Sidharth?"
"Yes, it is me. Main hi hun, aap ka jamai, Sidharth Sehgal. I think, mujhe suit mein dekh ke aap pehchan nahi paa rahe hain. It's me." Sidharth replied.
Ryan standing behind him, just smiled and stayed silent.
Sukhbinder asked,"Yeh company tumhari hai?"
Sidharth smiled, "Meri nahi humari. I started this with Ryan. And we have an angel investor."

Rajvir asked, "But why didn't you tell us anything before? You said you got a better job opportunity that you can't lose."
"No, I said I want to pursue something else and got an opportunity for that. Dono baatein same nahi hai." Sidharth replied to him.
"Sidharth.."
Ryan cuts Sukhbinder short, "Sir, we can talk about this later. I think we need to go inside. The program will start."

They went inside, took their respective seats and soon the program began. During the lunch break, Sukhbinder found them talking to others. Rajvir wanted to go and talk to Sidharth but he stopped him saying that this wasn't the right time or place. He was right because all during the whole time, both Sidharth and Ryan were surrounded by men from different organizations.

At almost the end of the session, the host called up Sukhbinder on the stage to share his thoughts as an experienced entrepreneur. He got up and talked about his life as a businessman. He shared about his ups and downs and how he reached the stage where he is today.
"Finally I would say, there is no mantra to be a successful entrepreneur. I can say out of my own experience that what drives you to success is the will to succeed. You have to be the best and you need to do whatever you need to achieve that height, that goal. After All everything is fair in business right?" He joked and everyone laughed.
"Business is tough and you have to be tougher. So, know your market, plan, be focused and take the lead."

With a thunderous round of applause, Sukhbinder said thanks and got down from the podium. The host said a few words thanking him for his speech. He then called upon a few other business heads. Finally he called the name of Sidharth Sehgal, the newest addition to the group.

Sidharth buttoned up his black suit jacket and got up the stairs. He stood in front of the microphone and smiled.
"Hello everyone! This is the new kid on the block!"
Everyone laughed.
"No, actually I am. I am new in the industry, a lot younger than you all and have hardly any experience. I don't know why I was asked to come up here and speak in front of such an experienced audience. Perhaps the reason is we have created a name for ourselves in a short period of time."

"The world recognizes and respects only the successful and powerful people. And I being asked to say something here means we are on the right path and are doing everything right."
He looked at Sukhbinder and continued, "I have learnt one thing in my life, no one gives a shit when you are a no one. Pardon me for my language but there's no better word for this. Complaining about the condition is never a solution. But using the negatives you have seen as the motivation to rise is the first step. Hard Work, focus and determination are the three things that can bring you success and that's what we have been doing in these months."

He smiled, "We have a long way to go. But we are confident we will reach there. And I believe that because I don't have a choice."

Sunitra got down from the car along with Shehnaaz.
"What are we doing here, Sid?" Sumitra asked her son who came to her side after seeing her.
"I have something to show you." Sidharth replied to her.
He took her hand and brought her in front of big iron gates. The opened gates led to a freshly painted building. And the entrance was decorated with marigold flowers. The board outside read VS Garments.

"Sidharth, ye toh tere Dad ki factory hai. Why is it decorated?" Sumitra asked.
Sidharth replied, "It is decorated because it's the inauguration. The factory will reopen today."
"Par Hum yahan kyun aaye hai?"
Sidharth held her both hands and said, "Because it's ours.. We.. got it.. back, Maa. We.. got it.. back.."