Chapter 26

Sana was in a different world. She felt like she was a part of a romantic movie where she was the female lead and Sidharth was her hero. A romantic song played in the background.

Yeh saazish hai boondon ki
Koi khwahish hai chup chup si
Dekho na dekho na..

And as she gazed into his deep dark eyes, she started losing her mind. The thunderclap startled her and she got into his arms. When she lifted her face, she saw his handsome face staring at her with so much concern. And before he could say something she lifted her heels to capture her mouth. But instead of kissing her back, he pushed her away.

"What the hell, Shehnaaz! What are you doing?"
"I.. "
"You only gave such a huge lecture on how wrong we were in kissing each other. We don't love each other and we should not kiss. Then what happened now?"
"I don't know. I was wrong then."
"Kya ? What do you mean?"
Sana takes a step, "We are friends but we are a couple too. We are husband and wife. So it wasn't wrong what happened between us. I was stupid to think that way."

Sidharth stares at her, unable to find the right words to say.
"Who told you this, your friend Supriya?"
"No."
"Then what is it? Is this relationship a joke or am I a puppet? Jab Mann kiya dost, kab Mann kiya Pati bana liya. Enough Shehnaaz. I am really done with you."

"No, Sidu. Try to understand me. I didn't understand earlier but.."
"You never understood anything. Not then, not now. Shehnaaz, we don't love each other. We are friends. That's what you need to remember. Never do such a thing, ever again. Samjhi tu. Stay away from me."
"I can't stay away from you."
"Why? What relationship do we really have? We aren't exactly a couple like you are claiming now. You love someone else and you were clear we can just be friends. I think it's better we get separated. Now that uncle is fine, you can return home. Just do it. Leave me and go away."

"Sidharth, no.. I am sorry. I didn't mean to.. I am .. don't talk like this.. no"
"Hey! Kya hua? Shehnaaz? Shehnu? Hey!"
Sidharth asks.
"Open your eyes, Shehnu!"
Sana opens her eyes to find herself on the bed. Sidharth stares at her with a look of worry. She immediately gets into his arms and starts sobbing.
"Kya hua tere ko? Roh kyun rahi hai? Did you see a nightmare?"
"Yes, no.. I don't know. Mere ko nahin malum."
"Thik ab bas kar. Stop crying now and have some water."

Sidharth breaks the hug and gives her some water to drink.
"So jaa abhi. Thik hai."
Sana stares at him. She realises now it was dream.
The incidents were real from the night. They had stood under the shed to stay away from rain. He had cleaned her face and she had lost herself into his mesmerising eyes. But she had not kissed him. He had moved away before she made any attempt to do so.
She had been thinking about it all the way home. What would have happened if she had kissed him. How would he react? These thoughts made their way into her mind, shaping up into dreams.

Tears fill her eyes thinking about it. He asked her to leave him in her dream. She can't stay away from him, not anymore. She gets into his arms again.
"Sidu, tu mujhe kabhi Jane ke liye nahi kahega toh?"
She says in between her sobs.
"What? No, why would I?"
"Because of what I said that day."
He rubs her back, "No. Are you crazy? Never. You were right. We should be doing something like that. We are friends."
"We are not just friends. We are a married couple. But we don't live like a.. real couple. We don't do things like others do. Won't you leave me for that?"

Sidharth looks at her for sometime and then asks,"Do you mean, getting intimate?"
She just nods her head.
"Shehnaaz, yes as a married couple, getting intimate is.. normal. But it should be only when both are comfortable with each other. I guess.. falling in love makes it easy. I don't know but that's what I feel. We are friends but.. like you cleared everything you aren't in love with me. So you felt it was wrong that we kissed. I guess, we can never be like any.. normal couple, as you will never love me. I am fine with it."
Sana doesn't say a word.
"I will never ask you to leave this house. This is your home. I told you I will carry on my responsibility as your husband till the day you want me to let you go. I won't stop you that day. It will always be your decision."