Chapter 6

"Sidu, tu mere saath yunhi rahe ga na? Bolo na?"
A little girl with chubby cheeks and a cute smile says holding the palms of a young boy, a few years older to her. She wears a pink frock with little pearls stitched on the lace bodice. Her hair has been tied into two pigtails with pink ribbons. The boy sitting beside him wears a checkered shirt with blue pants. He has messy hair that falls over his shiny and intelligent eyes. He has bunny teeth that make him look adorable when he smiles.

"Shehnu, we will always remain together. You are my best friend na."
"Sidu, you are my bestest friend."
"Gadhi there is no word as bestest."
He laughs saying it.
"Shut up, ullu! There is. And you are my bestest friend. Bas."
She says making a face.
"Sidu, you know I don't like being called Gadhi. But you can call me anything. I don't mind."

He smiles mischievously, "Really. Then I will call you Moti."
"Hey main moti nahi hun."
"Tu moti bhi hai aur gadhi bhi hai."
He runs saying it and she goes after him.
"No. I am not. Ruk. I'll beat you."

As she is chasing her, she hits a flowerpot and is about to fall when Sidharth wakes up screaming, "Shehnu!"
He looks around and realises he is in his room. It was just a dream. He gets out of the bed and drinks some water. He walks to the window and pulls the curtains open. The sun is about to rise. The eastern sky looks like a canvas where somebody has smeared vivid colours, that merges into one another to create a stunning painting.

Sidharth stares at the garden behind. The flower pot is still present at one corner. It was right at that place where Shehnaaz had toppled, hurting herself. The few drops of blood from her forehead had made his heart bleed that day. He had cursed himself for the accident. Even after getting hurt she had stood in before him like a shield protecting him from the scolding of his parents.
Yeh toh accident tha na. Sidhu ki koi galti nahi hai. I fell down running behind him. Please don't scold him.
Those were her exact words. With a soft smile he stares at the rising sun.

Sidharth sits in his chair nervously tapping his legs.
Why am I so nervous?
The door of the conference room opens and Sana enters with Mr. Murthy and others. Their eyes meet as he stands up and nods his head at her.

As soon as everyone gets settled, Sana says,"I would like to see the whole presentation again. I like the concept of using everything rustic. But I want you to explain everything again."
Sidharth smiles and mumbles to himself, "I know you haven't heard. You liked the concept as Rajvir had liked it. Kabhi toh suna karo, Shehnu, sorry Miss. Suri."
Murthy asks,"Did you say something, Sidharth?"
He shakes his head to say no.

The young guy, Mohit working with Sidharth on this project from the firm, stands up to explain.
"No. Not you. Him. I want him to explain it to me. It is his idea and he should present it. Mr.Architect, do you have any problem?."
Sidharth smiles and stands up, "Not at all, Miss.Suri."

He starts explaining the designs and Sana keeps looking at them. Sidharth steals a glance at her.
She is listening. She likes it.

"I like it but I don't want concrete floors. I want Italian marble. And I want to.."
Sidharth cuts her short, "With the rustic design, concrete will look good. I know you can ask for change but trust me, it is the best option."
"I don't care. I am imagining a few things. Mujhe jo thik lagega, I want that only."

Sidharth gives her a smirk, "Right. Right. Try to imagine properly. "
Sana turns to Murthy, "I want to see it. I mean visualize everything standing right at the spot, I mean at the warehouse. Is it possible?"
"Yes, sure. My people will go and show you. They will have to talk to the Contractors on the site. So.."
"Mr. Murthy, you are not getting it. I don't want your people there nor I want to know when you all will find the Contractors and explain things to them. I want to visualize the design at the site myself. And I want him to come with me."
Sana says pointing her pen at Sidharth.