Chapter 33

"Sameer f**** Singhania! Of course only he has reason to damage his reputation."
Rajvir says, clenching his teeth.
Rohan says, "Yes, he is the only one. Sid doesn't have any enemy apart from him. But we have nothing against him. How will we get him? We need some proof."
Ryan nods his head, "Haan. Hume koi connection dhuni hai, uss ch*** aur uss .. ghatiya aurat ke beech. "
"Hmm.. Hume uss aurat Tara ke bare mein details chahiye. Everything about her is important."
"We need information on that ba*** too. But how?"

Rajvir says,"That girl works for AD Events Group. That's Verma uncle's son, Piyush's company. Let me see if I can get any information about her from him."
Ryan says, "I can talk to Dad and try to get Sameer's details. I am sure he must know someone who can help."
Rohan says, "I can tell my men to keep a watch on these two. Kuch agar dikha, they will call me."
"Hmm.. yeh thik hai. Aur lawyer ne toh bola hai, he will send his people to investigate. So let's see what happens. Raj, you call him and give him the information that Sidharth just shared with us."
Sidharth sits there watching them discuss. He does not say anything. He feels happy even in such a situation thinking about how lucky he is to have so many people who truly love him.

As he sits listening to them, his phone starts to ring.
"Kis ka phone hai?"
Sidharth replies, "Pata nahi, it is an unknown number."
He picks up the call and listens.
"Hello! Kaun?
...
Oh! Hain bolo.
..
Kya? Kab?
....
Hmm.. thanks."

After hanging up the phone, he lowers his head and places his hands over it.
"Who was it? Kya hua?"
Sidharth doesn't reply.
"Sid, Bolega kuch?
Sidharth lifts his head, "Bittu ka phone tha."
"Bitu? From the prison?"
Sidharth nods his head.
"He..Pawan, just passed away. He.. had internal bleeding and he.. died this evening."
Everyone was silent.

"Ek minute pehle agar pahunch jata, he could have survived. I should have kept him in sight.. he died because of me."
"No, Sidharth. It's not your fault. Khudko blame mat Karo."
"Sid, she is correct. You could not have protected him for life. Tu nikal jata aur woh rehta wohin. Kab tak protect kar sakta tha usse."
"It is wrong yaar. He didn't get a proper life and he died so young. He has no family. Yaar, uska koi nahi hai. Lawarison ki tarah jala denge usse.. He won't even get.. a proper cremation.. This is not.. fair.."
"Sid, I know you are feeling. But hum kya kar sakte hai?"
"Yes, we can't do anything. We are useless. We can't even organize his cremation."
"Sidharth, relax. Let me talk to Dad. Woh higher police officials se baat kar ke kuch arrange kar sakte hai. Let's see."
Sidharth holds her hands, "Will you talk to him? Paka?"
Shehnaaz smiles and nods her head.

Sidharth wakes up with a jolt. He had taken medicine to sleep but he was still haunted by nightmares.
He looks around for Shehnaaz but she was not in the room. He gets out of the bed and walks to the bathroom. He turns the bathroom knob and opens the door. And he finds Shehnaaz there, holding the knob from inside. She is in a towel with wet hair. Her beautiful face and her bare shoulders are covered with beads of water. Sidharth keeps staring at her, unable to take his eyes off her.

"Sidharth! Sidharth! Can you move from the door? I need to go out and get my clothes."
Sidharth immediately lowers his eyes, stepping away from the door, he turns. Shehnaaz picks her clothes from the bed and goes inside.
"F***!"
Sidharth curses on his stupid behaviour.

Shehnaaz comes out and starts brushing her hair in front of the mirror. Sidharth stands beside him, trying to find the right words to say.
"Kuch bolna hai?"
"Hmm.. sorry.."
"For what?"
"I didn't know you were inside. I woke up and you weren't there. I.. panicked. I was looking for you. So I opened the door. It wasn't locked.. I.. didn't know you were inside."

"Hmm.. but why were you staring at me?"
"Hun? No.. I.. I..didn't.."
"You were. Don't lie. Tumne kabhi kisi ladki ko nahi dekha hai kya?"
"No.. yes.."
Shehnaaz turns to face him,"You mean you have seen girls in towels?"
"What? No.. never. Kisi ko nahi dekha hai. Tu first ladki hai. Trust me.. "
"Isiliye ghoor Rahe the?"