Chapter 30

"Where are you, Sidu?"
Shehnaaz says on the phone.
"I.. am at work. Where else?"
"Tumne wada kiya tha lunch pe le ke jayoga."
"I.. I know.. I am sorry. I.. am a little busy. But I promise we will go out. Tu mujhe tum kar ke kyun baat kar rahi hai?."
"Uff pehle bolo Kab jayege? Aaj chale? I am near your showroom. I can pick you up."
Sidharth almost screams, "No. Don't come here."
" Sidharth, are you okay? Why are you screaming?"
"I am not. I said don't come, I am not at the showroom. "
"Then where are you?"
"I am.. in the taxi. Kuch le ke ja raha hun. Listen, Aaj busy hun, not possible to meet today. Please samjh. Kal pakka mil te hai. Chal rakhta hun. See you at night."

Sidharth returns home late and finds Shehnaaz on the sofa, asleep. He touches her head and whispers, "Hey! Yahan kya kar rahi hai?"
She stirs in her sleep and mumbles, "Wait.. kar rahi.. thi.."
"Go and sleep in your room. Jao."
"Hmm.. bas 5 minutes.."

Sidharth goes to freshen up and after coming back, he wakes her up again.
"Shehnu, wake up. jao andar ja ke so jao.."
"Hmm... khana garam.. karna hai.."
"No need. I was Rohan and others. Had something there. Jao."
Shehnaaz without opening her eyes just mumbles, "Hmm.. I.. will.. in .. five.. minutes.."
"No.. utho."
"Na..Tum itna.. late Aate ho.. "
"Sorry. Abhi uth jaa."
"mujhe kuch Bata.. na tha... "
"What?"
"Hmm.. I.. something.. hmm"

Sidharth kneels in front of her and removes the strands of hair from over her face and tucks it behind her ear.
He smiles and whispers,
"Tere naam main sukoon rakh dun.
Tujhe apni bahon mein bhar ke main,
Tujhe apna bana lun.
Tera naam main sukoon rakh dun."

"Sid."
Sidharth hears Jaanvi's voice and turns to face her. He stands up and says,"Hey!"
"Shehnaaz, so gai?"
"Hain, usse utha raha tha. But I guess she is in a deep slumber."
"Get her inside."
Sidharth nods his head. He carries her in his arms and lays her down on the bed.

"Hot chocolate peeoge?"
Jaanvi asks with a smile.
"Hot chocolate? Aren't we a little old for that? And isn't it a little late for it?"
"No. Hot chocolate ke liye age or time nahi dekhte. I saw it in the shop and bought it today. Let's sit on the stairs and have it like old times."
He nods his head.

Both sit on the stairs holding the mugs in their hands.
Jaanvi says, "You know I was shocked when I heard about your marriage. I mean you are young and I knew you weren't ready. Then I met Shehnaaz and heard why you got married. Pata nahi bahut gussa aya uss par. I felt she is not right for you."
"She is.. different but not a bad person."
"I know that now. You know I was rude to her initially. She must be hating me."
Sidharth smiles at her but stays silent.
"As I started to get to know her, I realised I was so wrong about her. Shehnaaz is such a sweet girl."
"I am happy that you changed your thoughts on her. She is actually sweet. Crazy but sweet."
"True. She is crazy. And she loves you."

Sidharth stares at her not saying anything.
"I am happy for you both. You two are perfect examples of opposite attracts. And I love the cute banter you two make as those tiny romantic gestures. I love it. Never thought you will be in love. Khadoos serious type Sid in love. Wow!"
"Romantic? Jaan, there's no romance here. We are.. so new in the relationship. We are trying to.. build one actually. And love? Well I think you are wrong."
"Don't lie. It's all written on your face. But Whatever, I kinda liked that, your efforts."
Both sip hot chocolate silently and before getting up Jaanvi says, "Sid, ek baat puchun. You seemed to be stressed for a few days now. Kya hua hai?"
"Nothing."
"I know you are hiding something. Rohan kuch bol raha tha. Then he stopped. You can tell me. Please."
Sidharth lowers his head and sighs.

Sidharth parks his bike outside Shehnaaz 's office. He straightens up his shirt and runs his fingers through his hair, looking at his reflection in the tiny mirror of his bike. He excitedly climbs up the stairs and reaches the lobby area of the office. The lady at the reception area, Trupti asks him to sit as Shehnaaz is busy with some clients. Sidharth nods his head, declines the offer of coffee and turns away. Just then his eyes goes to Shehnaaz and her client. His face hardens as he finds her smiling and chatting with him. It's Sameer. He gives her a side hug and comes out of her room.