Chapter 11

Sidharth leans to the back of the chair as the waiter gives them coffee. He picks it up and takes a sip, waiting for her to speak.
She looks up into his eyes and says," Will you marry me?"
Sidharth chokes on the coffee and starts coughing. Sana gets up and pats his head. He removes her hand and keeps coughing. A little later he feels better and drinks water.

She asks,"Are you alright?"

Ek toofan si jagi hai ab dil mein
Thamne ka naam na leh raha hai.
Kya karun kuch samajh aaye na
Na Jane yeh kya chaha raha hai.

Sambhal ja tu yeh nadan dil,
Yeh bas khwaab hai, haqeeqat nahi.
Dard hoga tujhe bas samajh le tu
Woh kabhi teri hone wali nahi.

This is what I say to my heart that is beating so fast right now. What just happened? Did she really ask me to marry her?
F*** man! Get out of this dream.
Wait why the hell am I getting so excited? Why am I smiling from inside? No..please no.. I can't like her..Never..
F*** man!

"Hello! Are you alright? Do you need a doctor? Sidharth?"

He shakes his head,"No. I am.. okay.."
"So, what do you say? Are you okay with this proposal?"

Sidharth smiles and leans back. He runs his fingers through his hair and shakes his head.
"Miss Suri. What exactly are you doing here? Is this some kind of joke?"
"Sidharth, I asked you something and it is a damn serious thing. Fine. Let me put it in the right way. Dad wants us to get married. I can't hurt him anymore."
"Suddenly you realise you can't hurt your Dad and so you came here to propose to me for marriage, expecting that I will happily say yes. Get out of your fantasy world where everyone is your pet? I am definitely not your f***** servant who will nod my head to whatever you will say."

Sidharth pulls a few notes from his pocket and throws it on the table and stands up to leave.
"Wait! Sidharth, wait!"
She follows him to the parking lot and grabs his arm.
"Stop. Listen to me, Sidharth."
"Who? In case you have forgotten, let me remind you, I am the Driver. Remember?"
"I am sorry. Okay. I didn't mean to call you that."
"Enough Miss Suri. You are a self-centred and selfish girl. Today you need me to make your Dad happy, so I am Sidharth for you. Tomorrow when you will be back with your boyfriend, you will again call me driver. Bhai, hun main driver aur mujhe na sharam nahi hai. I am not robbing people but working to earn. Bulao jo bulana hai. I don't f****ng care."

He turns to leave.
"I said sorry. What Else do you want?"
"Madam, jab tak dil se na nikle, sorry ka koi Matlab nahi hai."
"I am ready to do anything you want. You need money, any help, anything. I will get it for you. Just say yes."
Sidharth clenches his fist and says,"I need you to stay away from me. Can you do that?"

Sana comes closer as he unlocks his bike.
"You respect my Dad, can't you do this much for him?"
He looks at her,"I do respect him and that's why I am saying no. Marriage is not a game. It's a life long relationship that comes with a lot of responsibilities. It needs to be nurtured with love and care. And the most important thing to make it work is respect. Clearly it can never happen with us. Why do you want to spoil your life and mine by getting into a fake relationship? Don't do this."

"Kya bey tu DevDas kyun Bana hua hai? Teri Paro I mean your Shehnaaz is getting married to Sammy or what?"
Ryan says as he jumps on the bed beside him.
"Shale tera na mun tod dunga main ek din."
"Fine, tod dena. Abhi Bata kya hua?"
Rohan says,"Leave him alone Ryan! Usse bolna hoga toh bol dega."
Ryan grabs Sidharth's neck and pulls him to bed.

"Jyada bhav kha raha hai? Will you tell us or not?"
Rohit grins and helps Ryan to pin him down.
"Leave yaar. I will kill you both."
"Rohit, give him his medicine."
"Ryan, you are dead. Rohan, stop these brutes."
Rohan sits there doing nothing as Rohit starts tickling Sidharth.
"B*******, b***********, chod mereko..."
Rohit giggles,"Will you tell us now?"
"Fine.. I will.. stop now.."