Chapter 25

What the f***! What the f***! What did I do? Why Sidharth? Why? Kya ho gaya tha tujhe? Yaar, why did you kiss her? How will I face her? Sh*t!
But she closed her eyes and she reciprocated. Didn't she?
Really Sidharth, you thought she reciprocated? Was your mind really working? Idiot! She pushed you away.
How will I face her?
F*** man!

Sidharth kept thinking about these as he drove off. All the way, both were silent. He had no idea what she was thinking about him.

Sidharth avoids meeting her eyes and gets into bed once in the room. Sana sits on the bed for sometime scrolling through her phone, stealing glances of him. Finally unable to stay calm anymore, she calls him and he doesn't reply.
"Sidharth!"
He closes his eyes shut, pretending to be asleep to avoid talking to her.
"Stop acting, Sidu! I know you haven't slept yet. I need to talk to you."
He still doesn't reply. She starts tapping him on his shoulder and then tickling him until he sits up.
"What the hell! What are you doing?"
"Mujhe tere se baat karni hai."
"What? What do you want to talk about?"
"You know what? The thing that happened today.. We need to talk about it."

"Sidu, it was wrong. Galat tha. That kiss should not have happened."
Sidharth rubs his temples.
"I am sorry. I am sorry. I had a beer. Maybe it was the alcohol. "
"You're lying. You don't drink when you ride."
"N..o. no.. I did.. I.. fine I didn't.. But I kissed you and I should not have. I am sorry."

Sana gets out of the bed and paces in the room. Sidharth stays silent waiting for her to say.
She finally says, "I love you."
Sidharth can't believe what she said.
"Shehnaaz, what are.."
"Kiss on lips means that. I told you that before. We are friends. Tu bhi mujhe pyar nahi karta aur main bhi. We don't love each other like boyfriends or girlfriends do. Hain na?"
Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair.

"Sidu, tujhe main pyar karti hun, positive wala. Not the one those boys and girls have. Tu nahi karta hai but main tere ko sachi karti hun, hamesase karti thi main. But mujhe tere ko kiss nahi karna tha.. woh.. galat lagta hai.. hain na? We shouldn't have kissed. It's wrong."
Sidharth doesn't reply as she sits down in front of him.
Sana says again, "Hain tu ne initiate kiya but maine bhi toh allow ki na. Galti toh meri bhi hai. You should not say sorry alone. I am sorry too. "
Sidharth stares at her without saying a word.

"Tu samajh raha hai na? I mean, you accept that we are just friends. Then it shouldn't happen. I am just trying to make you.. I mean I want to clarify our position. Tu samajh raha hai na? I mean, we should not feel.. I don't know, awkward. Right? Say something. Sidu, please say.."

Sidharth gets up from the bed, frustrated, "Kya samjhun yaar? Kya? Haan hai hum dono dost. Friends, no best friends. We should not have kissed. But we did. No, I initiated and you allowed. Bas ho gayi galti, kya karun main? I get it you don't love me. I know that.. par kya karun, kar liya.. ho gayi galti. "
"No, Sidu. Pyar hai mujhe tere se. Bas it's not that type of love..samjh. Aur teri sirf galti nahi hai, dono ki hai. I don't want us to have anything negative for each other."

"Shehnaaz, enough yaar! Mujhe nahi Janna, the type of love and the one you do and I don't. Mujhe nahi janna. Jo samjh na hai, samjh liye. You don't love me and we are just friends. We must stay that way and we will. Okay? I made a mistake. No, we made a mistake. Ho gayi galti.. bas ho gai."
"Sidharth.."
He turns away, "Ab nahi hogi. Nahi hogi. I promise. Never. I will not initiate anything. Dur rahunga ab tere se."
He walks towards the door.

"Kahan jaa raha hai? Please don't go. Sidu, are you angry? Please sorry. Dur nahi rehna bas thoda carefully rehna. Don't go."
"I just want to stay alone, Shehnaaz. I.. am not angry with you... it is just me.."
"I won't disturb you. I promise. Please stay. Tujhe meri kasam lage agar tune abhi bed pe aake nahi leta toh."
Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair. He turns back to the bed, picks up the pillows and places them between them. He lies down and turns to the opposite side and closes his eyes.
"Haye, Sidharth! Face this side. I can't sleep like this. Sidharth.. Sidu.. "
He doesn't reply or move a bit. She lies down looking at him.