Chapter 19

Sana wakes up and turns to find the bed empty. She winces as she turns to look around. She remembers she had hurt herself last night. The clock shows it's 9:10 am. 
Has Sidharth left for his office? He left her alone.
She thinks and tries to sit up, 
"Amma.. Sidu chala gaya? Main akeli kaisi rahun gi?"
Tears fill her eyes and with a pout she slowly puts her legs on the floor. She tries to stand up but her ankle twists and she is about to fall when a hand grabs her waist. She opens her eyes to see him, holding her.

"Tum?"
"Kyun tum kisi aur ko expect kar rahi thi kya? Sameer ko?"
"Shut up. I thought you left for work."
Sidharth makes her sit down on the bed,
"Why did you get up on your own? You could have called me."
"I thought you left.. so.."
She wipes her eyes as she says.
"Not everyone is like your good friends who leave you alone. I took a day off today. Can't leave you like this?"
"Haye Sachi? When you say like this, Badal cute lagte ho."
"Ho gaya tumhara? Now go and freshen up."
He helps her to walk to the washroom.
"Wait, tum ne mana kiya tha, to use this bathroom. "
"Just go and call me if you need me. I am waiting outside. "

Sana comes out of the washroom and holding the wall, she walks up to the wardrobe. She opens the doors of  the wardrobe when she hears a coughing sound. She turns to find him standing facing the other side. She gets startled, moves back, grabbing her towel tightly.
"What are you doing here?"
"I told you, I will be here to help. I didn't know you would come out like this. I didn't see anything. Promise."
"Shut up. There's nothing to see. Just go."
"Oh.. yes.. sorry. I am going."
Sidharth leaves, avoiding looking at her.

Sana limps out of the bedroom and sits down on the chair. Sidharth avoids looking at her and sits beside her.
"I'm sorry.. I didn't.. you know.. "
He says as he pours her a cup of tea.
"I know. You are a gentleman type guy. Abhi bataoge what am I eating. I am hungry, you see. What have you cooked?"
Sidharth raises his eyebrows,
"Do you think I am your cook here?"
"Of course. Now tell me, what's on the menu?"
"Mera Sar, khana hai?"
Sana touches his chin and turns it on both sides.
"You have got a handsome face, Sar mein kuch hoga jo mera pet bharega?"

"What the f..!"
Sidharth almost screams and stops.
"You are right about one thing though, sakal achi ho toh dimag kaam hota hai. I am an average looking guy, but you are quite pretty. Shayad isliye, dimag hai hi nahi."
He smiles as he says. Sana realises what he meant and grabs his t-shirt,
"Oye hero, you are going too far! You mean I don't have brains. But I forgive you, as you called me pretty. Main tujhe pretty lagti hun, Mere Siduram?"
Sidharth rubs his thumb on his cheek, 
"Patakha lagti hai tu,
Laundo ki aah nikal jaye tujhe dekh kar.
Chand suraj uthe hai tujhe niharne ko,
Yeh duniya Tham jaye, teri ahat sun kar."

"Siduram is a shayar? You are a poet!"
Sana says after listening to him. Sidharth immediately removes her hand from his shirt and moves back. He gets up and goes inside the kitchen.
"Arey, where are you going?"
He comes back with bread toasts and egg omelettes.
"You are a surprise package. I mean, you are an architect and at the same time you work at a showroom. You are a taxi driver and a guitar player and also a poet."
"I am not a poet. And that was just.. nothing. That was a joke. Now eat, then you have to take your medicines. Rajvir will come, I told him about your dance in the bathroom. And my three musketeers will surely drop in. Don't blabber in front of them. Samjhi?"
"Dad ko Bata diya?"
"No. I haven't and Rajvir won't tell him either. I know he will get upset. I haven't told Ma anything.  So keep that in mind please."
"Thank you and I know that. I will not tell her anything. But you are a poet.. wow.. kya tha.. Patakha lagti hai tu..wah! Ryan will love this.. "
"Satyanash!"
Sidharth slams his head.

"Hey Siduram and uski lugai!"
Ryan screams as he enters the house after Rajvir has left. He is followed by Rohan and Rohit. 
"Agaya Nautanki ka baap!"
Sidharth mutters to himself.
"I am sure, mujhe gaali de raha hai."
Sidharth, who was picking up cups, stares at him and goes inside.
Rohit follows him,
"Ba has sent lunch for you both."
Sidharth takes the tiffin from his hand and puts it on the counter, "Chai piyega?"
He nods his head and Sidharth puts on the saucepan on the gas stove.