Chapter 7

"Dad, I need to ask you something."
Sana says entering the office room at the house.
"Hmm.."
"Look at me."
"Sana, I am working. Ask what you need to. I am listening."
Sana gets frustrated and shuts the laptop in front of him.

"Sana, what is this? When will you learn to behave?"
"Never. Because you had never taught me anything. Because you never had time for me ever. All you had was your work. I hate you. I just hate you "
She gets out of the room with tears in her eyes.

She goes into her room and plops on the bed. She hides her face on the pillow and sobs loudly.
"Nobody loves me anymore. Why did you leave mummy?"

After a knock on the door, Rajvir enters the room. He comes to the bed and sits beside her. Running his hand on her head, he asks,
"What happened? Why are you crying?"
"Go away."
"No. First tell me then I will Go Away."

Sana lifts her head and gives him an angry look.
Rajvir smiles,"Itna gussa? What did I do?"
"Mujhe koi bhi pyar nahi karta. Nobody has time for me. Tum bhi har time busy rehte ho. I hate you both."
"Arey, I am right here, listening to you. Why are you getting upset with me? Thik hai, sorry. Kan pakdun?"

Sana sits up on the bed cross legged. She wipes her eyes and says,
"Dad does not have time for me. I wanted to talk to him. It was important but he ignored me like always. I.. I hate it."
Rajvir pulls her into his arms, "I know. I know. I am here na. You can talk to me."
"No. I wanted to ask him something. You don't know about that."
"About what?"

Sana breaks the hug, "Dad's friend, woh the na.. hmm.. Sumi aunty and uncle.. and ... Sidu."
Rajvir stares at her for a minute, "What about them?"
"No. We used to go to their house so often. But then we stopped. Why? Where are they?"

Rajvir thinks a bit, "Mum passed away and Dad got himself busy. Sumitra aunty was Mum's friend and Dad started avoiding them. Perhaps she reminded him of Mum. With time both families moved apart. "
Sana nods her head, "Raj, do you know where they live?"
"Why are you asking about them after so many years? What happened suddenly?"

Sana stays silent for a moment and then says,"That.. Sidharth Sehgal, the architect, today called me.. Shehnu. Sidu used to call me by that name. He didn't accept it but I think I heard it clearly. I think.. I want to know if he is Sidu. And if he is not him, where is he now? I mean I want to find Sidu."
Rajvir murmurs under breath, "Yeh bhi ajeeb hai, mujhe mana karke khud hi pol khol raha hai. Now what will I do?"

"What? What did you say?"
"Nothing. Nothing at all. I don't know where they live. You are thinking too much. How can your BFF Sidu be like him? Sidu was.. he was."
"Good, caring, loving and soft spoken. And that Driver.. No architect is so rude. No he can't be my Sidu. Same name hua toh kya? You are right."
Rajvir takes a breath of relief.

Sidharth is at the site to explain certain things to the engineers. The area has been cleared now. Machines and raw materials are being unloaded by the laborers. Sidharth has the blue prints placed on a board. And he explains everything to a few people.

A car enters the gate and stops a little away from them. Sidharth stops to look who has arrived. The door opens and Sana gets down. She wears a white shirt and a pencil skirt, paired with pointed heels, sunglasses and diamond studs. With just minimal makeup and hair tied into a pony, she looks highly professional.

She comes near them. The engineers and the people from the firm wish her. Sidharth just nods his head as their eyes meet.
"So the design is clear to you all? I want everything perfect."
She says, stealing a glance at Sidharth who rolls the blueprints papers.
"Yes mam. Sidharth Sir has explained everything. We are starting on the foundation from today."
One of the men from the group says.

"Foundation? But I was told that the skeleton of the structure is still strong. Then why to work on the foundation? It will delay everything."
"Mam, we are ensuring everything remains strong for the coming years. Sir had asked us to work on that. It's his plan."