Chapter 46

There was pin drop silence in the house. Everyone was back in Sidharth's house. Sidharth stood by the window beside Ryan and Rohan. Others sat on the sofa.
"I.. still can't believe.. Dad.. ne aisa kiya.." Shehnaaz finally said.
Rajvir sat with his head low.
"Sukhbinder bhai sahab was never.. never like that. Yahan aate the toh.. kitne ache se baatein karte the. Pehle kitne lunch aur dinners pe sab saath hote the. Even years later when we met, he only had respect and concern for everyone. Sidharth, mujhe yakeen nahi ho raha hai abhi bhi." Sumitra said.

Sidharth went inside and came out holding a bag. He kneeled in front of her and said, "Jab maine humare shaadi ke peeche ki unke jhoot ke baare mein jana, I was upset. I didn't talk to him properly for days. But I understood he was just a desperate father. He stood by me when the case happened. I respected him a lot. You know that, don't you?"

Sumitra touched his face, "I know. I am not doubting you. There could be some misunderstanding."
Sidharth shook his head, "I wish there were but.. no. There's no misunderstanding, Maa. I heard everything with my own ears."

He stood up and said, "The PI hired by Ryan had informed us about the monetary transactions done with Tara. He later tracked it down to Shehnaaz's mausa ji, Anil Grover."
Both Shehnaaz and Rajvir looked at him.
"I went to meet him, ask him about it. I had all the proof and I had seen him with Tara in Delhi. He couldn't deny any more. So, he gave me a story."

He took a pause and then continued, "As per him, he and Tara had a fling. She had some photographs of their intimate moments and used them to blackmail him after that. She asked him for money and a job in Delhi. He went there to drop her off and pay her the final time. He never knew it was her who filed the case against me."
Shehnaaz asked, "Tum ne yeh sab pehle kyun nahi bataya?"

He turned towards her, "He asked me, begged me not to tell you or Archana masi."
Shehnaaz lowered her head.
He continued, "I was skeptical but I didn't think much. Lot was going on. Shini's wedding and everything made me forget about it. I was at Suri house the day after the wedding to give the gifts. I was leaving. I went to meet Sukhbinder Suri and I heard everything there. He was talking to Anil Grover."

Flashback
Sidharth was about to knock at the door when he heard Anil talking to Sukhbinder.
"Sukhbinder veerji, aap nahi samajh rahe ho, main phas gaya hun. Yeh Tara ka kisa mere ko problem mein daal dega. That day Sidharth came and asked me about it."
Sidharth shook his head and was about to turn back when he heard him say, "I did like you said. I did it because I respect you. You have done so much for me. I gave that girl the job and paid her like you wanted. I even took the blame and made up a story. But agar Archu ko yeh kahani pata chali, meri shadi tut jayegi. Aap please kuch karo."

Sidharth was shocked. He stood there to hear more.
Sukhbinder said, "Anil, relax now. Kuch nahi hoga. Sidharth won't tell Archana."
Anil said, "Mujhe samajh nahi aata aap ne yeh sab kiya kyun? I didn't ask you before. You planned so much. Was that needed?"

Sukhbinder replied, "Kya karta aur? Sab meri beti ki wajah se hua hai. She has always created problems. Stubborn and spoiled. Ek loser ladke ko le aayi, zid pakad liya ussi se shadi karegi. I had to find a way to stop her. And I had only one way, marry her off to someone better."
"Why Sidharth? Why didn't you find someone else?"

"Itna time nahi tha. I knew if I delayed, she would marry Sameer. Sidharth is a good and honest boy. He had no interest in my money, unlike many others. So.. mujhe laga ek baar shaadi ho jaye toh usse apni company le lunga. But.. he has too much self esteem. Yeh garib log, khane ko paise na ho, apni self respect nahi choden ge. I tried a lot. Sameer se mil kar, usse job se nikal waya. But.. situation aur kharab ho gai. That boy, idiot kahinka, taxi chalene laga."