Chapter 4

Kya hua tu itna chup kyun hai? Are you upset as we are returning home?"
Rohan asks Sidharth who is packing his bag.
Sidharth shakes his head, "Jhoot bolunga if I say I not little sad. Who doesn't like to stay a little longer in Goa? But I am not upset. I was just thinking."
"About your Miss. Ego?"

Sidharth raises his eyebrows as he continues, "Last night we saw you with her. For a change you both were not going for each other's neck. What happened suddenly between you two?"
"Nothing.  She was in her best of behavior and so I was me, Mr. Good guy."
"Nice!"
"Honestly,  she was different last night. Not the usual rich girl attitude. She appeared vulnerable. She looked.. upset. Don't know what exactly was it. Just different. "

"Hmm.. But why are you thinking so much about her? Falling for her or what?"
Sidharth picks a towel and throws at him, "Chal bey! Have you lost it or what? That is never possible in this lifetime.  I am never falling for her."

Sana sits at the window seat looking outside. It's raining heavily and the world looks so gloomy as if crying along with her. She is lost in her thoughts when she feels a touch on her head. She looks up to find Rajvir.

"What's the matter sis? You are so quiet and lost after you have returned from Goa. Is everything alright? Tabiyat toh thik hai teri?"
She doesn't reply and turns away. Rajiv pulls a chair and sits in front of her.
"Bolegi kuch ya phir..I will use my secret weapon."

Sana turns to face him with an angry look.
"Don't even think about that. I am not a kid anymore. "
"You will remain a kid for me. My kid sister."
"I am just two years younger than you. Kid sister? How?"
"'Cause I consider you my kid. After mum passed away, I literally became your mum. At least when I was here with you."

Tears welled up in her eyes and she covered her face to hide them.
Rajvir, concerned now, stands up and pulls her closer, "Arey, kya hua? Bol nahi toh sachi gudgudi karunga. "
"Why Raj? Why we get hurt from people who mean the most to us?"
"What? Who? Ab bol bhi de."
"That Sameer.. he is cheating me.."

"Wait.. Sameer?"
"Yes."
Rajvir runs his fingers through her hair consoling her.
"When Dad asked about your future with him, you told him that you needed time.  You were not sure about him. You took a break from the relationship. Then why are you getting so upset."

Sana between her sobs says, "Yes. I was not sure about settling down with him. But I liked him very much. And we were on break, our relationship had not ended. He was supposed to try to woo me back. Instead he went on to sleep with my friend Lisa. I hate her. How dare she? She knew I still had feelings for him. But she..  she is a b****. Why do people hurt me?"
Rajvir smiles, "Pagal hai tu."
"What do you mean?"

"Everything happens for the good only."
Sana pushes him away, "Raj tu pagal hai, Main nahi. What good did you find in this? I am hurt, I am crying."
"Can't you see? You saw the real faces of the people around you. Sameer is a mo*****. I never liked him from first. Rich, spoilt and idiot guy. Now that you know what a prick he is, you can stay away from him. And also your so-called friends. "
Sana stares at him, still in tears, "But.."
"No. No more buts, no more crying.  You are too good for that b******. You deserve better, much better. You also don't need those useless people as your friends. That Lisa is actually a bit***. "

Sana snivels, "Then what should I do?"
Rajvir smiles, "Do what you always wanted to do. You fought with everyone to go abroad and study. You wanted to start your own business.  Do that. You have got the property.  Build the office and start designing beautiful places. You had postponed your meeting with the architectural firm.  When is the meeting then?"
"Today. Supriya was supposed to come. "
"Why? She is not your partner or anything.  This is your baby, you need to do it alone. If you want, I will go with you. Tell her not to come."