Chapter 29

Sidharth cups her face and comes closer. Shehnaaz closes her eyes and he captures her lips. The kiss is subtle. He leaves her mouth and waits for her to open her eyes. When she does, he smiles at her.
"Do you still think what happened was wrong? That we should not do it again?"
She shakes her head and bites her lower lip.
"Wait, are you blushing? Why?"
She shakes her head again and whispers, "Can I say something? Promise me, you won't make fun of me."
"What?"
She holds his shirt and says, "I wanted to kiss you."

Sidharth lifts his eyebrows, hearing it. He pulls her, holding her by her waist.
"Really? Why? You only told me, we should not. We are just friends. Friends must not kiss. It was a mistake. Then why?"
"I felt it was incorrect initially but I realised it was not. I tried to explain it to you na, we are husband and wife so it isn't wrong. "
"Husband and wife do a lot more than just kiss. Then are you saying.. ."
"No.. Sidu.. stop.."
She tries to go away but he doesn't let her go.
"You aren't going anywhere. Tell me why? Bolo.. bolo.. why Shehnaaz? "
She stares at him as he keeps asking her.
She lifts her heels and presses her lips on his.

Lips lock as they part to fit each other. He cups her face and tilts his face to get better access to her mouth. The kiss is passionate this time and he slips his tongue inside. She breaks into goosebumps as his tongue creates sensations she had never experienced before. A soft moan escapes her throat and she grabs his hair. He leaves her mouth and starts planting soft kisses on her jawline.
"Sidharth.."
"Say... who am.. I to you?"
"You.. are important..Sid.. I.. "
"Say it.. "
Before she could say anything her phone started ringing. He leaves her and she stares into his eyes. She cuts the call and gets into his arms, hiding near his chest.
She asks, "Am I important to you? Tell me what I mean to you?"
"Everything.. you mean.."
Her phone rings again.

"Supriya.. why is she calling me repeatedly?"
"Talk to her. It could be something serious."
"Ya right! You know my friends. Kuch bitching karni hogi.. nothing is more valuable than this time with you."
Her phone rings again and he smiles.
"Pick it up. I am not going anywhere."
Shehnaaz smiles at him and moves away to pick up the call. Sidharth stands there, leaning on the railing as she talks over the phone. Every now and then they glance at each other while she listens to her friend.

Shehnaaz comes and leans on him.
"Is everything alright?"
Shehnaaz replies, "Hmm.. Supriya had a pretty bad breakup with her boyfriend. They were going to announce their engagement this Sunday and she found him with someone else in the bed."
"Oh!"
"And guess who was with the boyfriend?"
"I can't imagine anyone.. hmm.. one of your friends?"
"No, her own brother."
Sidharth turns to look at her with shock, "Seriously? F*** man!"
Shehnaaz nods her head, "Yep! Both were fu**** behind her back for a really long time. Nobody knew they both were together. In fact Tusar, her brother, was the one who had introduced them both. I think the boyfriend was with her only to be closer to her brother. How disgusting that could be! Poor Supriya. I wasn't talking to her after the way she talked about you. But.. I really feel bad for her now. I think I will meet her tomorrow. "
Sidharth puts his arms around her, "You must. You are a good friend."

"Sidharth.. "
She yawns saying his name as she snuggles near his chest.
"Neeche chale. Tujhe neend aa rahi hai. And it's late. Subha jaldi nikal na bhi hai."
"No.. mujhe tere paas hi rehna hai. Neeche nahi jana.."
"Yahan raat bhar khade rehna hai kya? It has rained, we can't even sit here on the floor."
Wrapping her arms around his chest, she says, "Mereko tere se dur nahi rehna aur. Bas. Neeche phir se alag so na padega.. no.. not happening."
Sidharth thinks for a minute and then says, "Okay, chal mere saath."

He takes her to the back side of the terrace. They stand in front of a door of a single room.
"Wait kar idhar."
He opens the door and goes inside the darkness. Shehnaaz could see him turning on the torch light of his phone. In the little light, she finds that the room has a few aged furniture and cardboard boxes strewn around. He comes out with an old folding cot.
"What's that?"