N7 Rose: Prologue

Let's begin our story on a planet with a nearby shattered moon called Remnant. There in the land known as Sanus, which holds the two kingdoms known as Vacuo, to the west, and Vale, to the east, but our story takes place on an Island to the west of Vale. This small island is called Patch. The island holds Signal Academy, which readies the future students towards the future of becoming Huntsmen and Huntresses at any Huntsman Academy of their choosing.

Our story begins in a log cabin in Patch. This cabin belong to two former members of Team STRQ, or Stark. Summer Rose, the former leader, and Taiyang Xiao Long, a former member. There they live with three children. The oldest, Yang Xiao Long, daughter of Taiyang and Raven Branwen. The middle and youngest children, (Y/N) and Ruby Rose, son and daughter of Taiyang and Summer Rose. You see, Yang and (Y/N) are the same age, but difference of birth months makes Yang the oldest and (Y/N) the middle child, while Ruby was two years younger than the two. The family was happy in their lives, until their lives changed forever when a certain event happens to the young (Y/N) Rose.

~The Day (Y/N) Disappeared~

This was the day poor (Y/N) disappeared. How you ask? Well, let's move back time a bit. It was a nice and sunny day in Patch. Taiyang and Summer were sitting on the patio watching the three children play on the grass. The children were playing tag as Yang was "it" in the game's terms.

"Tag! You're it, (Y/N)!" Yang cries out as she taps on (Y/N)'s back.

"You're going to get it now, Yang." (Y/N) says as he turns around to begin chasing after Yang with Ruby next to her.

"You can't catch us, big brother! We're faster than you!" Ruby exclaims.

"Just wait and- Huh?"

The two running sisters stopped and seen (Y/N) getting lifted into the air. In their young, childish minds they thought (Y/N) already unlocked his semblance.

"Wow, big brother! You unlocked your semblance already? Ugh, I'm jealous!" Ruby says while pouting and stomping on the ground.

"Really? I haven't unlocked mine yet. How did you do it, little bro?" Yang questions.

"Yang, Ruby. I'm not doing this!" (Y/N) yells as a purplish portal opens up and begins to drag (Y/N) into said portal.

"MOM! DAD! HELP!" Both Yang and Ruby scream getting both the parent's attention as they see their only son getting pulled into a portal. Taiyang quickly runs over to the shed and grabs a rope as he throws one end to (Y/N) and the entire family begins pulling on their end, trying to prevent (Y/N) from being taken.

"MOM! DAD! I'm scared!" (Y/N) cries out as he cries a bit.

"Stay strong, sweetie! We'll get you away from that thing! Just hold on!" Summer cries out to her son. The family was gaining ground until an electric shock hit the rope in the middle and snapped the line. The Rose-Xiao Long family fell down as they watched (Y/N) get sucked into the portal and closes completely. The family was in distraught. Yang and Ruby hugged each other as they cried nonstop after losing their only brother. Taiyang didn't know what to think as he stared where the portal used to be. The portal that took his only son. Summer, however, was still holding onto the rope as she cried a waterfall of tears, losing her baby. "My baby... my baby... I'm so sorry... please... GIVE ME BACK MY SON! GIVE BACK (Y/N)!"

As the years went on, they haven't been the best for the Rose-Xiao Long family. The disappearance of (Y/N) left a hole in their hearts, but another event left a bigger impact on the family. The death of Summer Rose, as she went on a mission by Ozpin, but never returned. Taiyang reverted to drinking a bit. Yang was depressed, but kept on in her search not only for her mother, Raven, but for her "little bro." Ruby, however, was in the saddest position. Losing both her mother and blood brother took a toll on the little red reaper. Qrow, the uncle of Yang, (Y/N), and Ruby, tried his best to comfort the family as he, himself, went into his own depressing state when he learned of both (Y/N) and Summer's fates. What they didn't know was (Y/N) was alive and well, but serving in a never-ending war of extinction. Under the guidance and protection of the first human Spectre, Commander John Shepard.