Volume 2, Ch. 8: Extracurricular

~Beacon Auditorium~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

After coming back from my anger problem with Yang during the event on the bridge, I returned back to Beacon with apologies, forgiveness, and a three-way night of lust and passion. Three days have passed since then as RWBY, NMDY, SPRD, JN(P)R, and myself sat on the bleachers end of the auditorium as we watched Pyrrha wipe the floor with CRDL, and it was amusing to watch. I was carefully watching Pyrrha fight against the team of four with ease, I mean it was Team CRDL after all. Just watching her fight was incredible. Hell, if Pyrrha fought like this as an N7, she no doubt in my mind, would have been one hell on an N7. I hardly realized I was staring for a while before Liara snapped me out of it.

"Yeah, Liara?" I asked her.

"Watching Pyrrha quite intently, (Y/N)?" Liara asked me as everyone else was looking at me especially my girls and Weiss.

"Uuuuh....." I tried for an answer but gave a sigh. "Well, Pyrrha is interesting. Plus, she no doubt would have been one hell on an N7. That's all. Hehe..."

Everyone else looked away, but the look on my girls say different.

"Pyrrha's caught your eye, hasn't she?" Tali asked me.

"Maybe... Well, we've been getting close since we've met, more so after the whole Jaune rejecting Pyrrha, and more after I came back from the... incident," I admitted. "Okay, maybe she's caught my eye, but we don't know for sure if I caught her eye."

We looked back onto the fight and Pyrrha had Cardin in a throat grapple with Miló, in its javelin mode, and slams him into the ground. Making Pyrrha, the winner of the match. We all cheered for Pyrrha as Zaheed and Jacob enter the stage. Most of the time Glynda switches out with Zaheed and Jacob with Combat Class, which worked out for the three of them, and gave Glynda much needed breaks to review assignments.

"Match end!" Zaheed calls out as he walks by Cardin holding his ribs.

"Lucky shot... Ugh..." Cardin lets out as he falls down. Zaheed shakes his head as he looks at Pyrrha.

"Well done, Ms. Nikos," Zaheed congratulated Pyrrha. "With combat skills such as yourself, there's no doubt in my mind, you wouldn't have any problems qualifying for the Vytal Tournament."

"Thank you, Professor." Pyrrha thanked Zaheed, but he raised his hand.

"Ah, just Zaheed will do," Zaheed corrected Pyrrha. "Not much with the whole "Professor" deal. I'd leave that for Mordin or Glynda."

"Team CRDL," Jacob spoke up as he was going through his Omni-tool. "While you four do have strength that is commendable, your teamwork could use some work. Cardin, your mistake was knocking out Mr. Bronzewing, your teammate, when he could have distracted Ms. Nikos enough for you to deliver a blow. I suggest you four come up with a better strategy and work together as a team. Only then could you defeat an opponent such as Pyrrha Nikos."

CRDL slowly got up as they moved away from the stage with Pyrrha still next to Zaheed.

"Now, Ms. Nikos's match may, perhaps, be hard to follow, but we have time for one more match," Jacob calls out as he looked over at Blake. "Ms. Belladonna!"

The sound of a book closing was heard as we all looked over at Blake as she looked at Jacob.

"Ms. Belladonna, you've been rather docile for the past few classes," Jacob tells Blake as she looked away. "Perhaps you can--"

"I'll do it!" A voice interrupted Jacob as everyone looked at the owner of the voice and hand. Jacob looks over at him.

"Mr. Mercury Black, is it?" Jacob asked while looking through his Omni-tool. "Very well, let's find you an opponent."