Volume 1, Ch. 4: N7 Forever Fall Reunion

~Beacon Academy~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

Since I heard Jaune using fake transcripts to get into Beacon Academy and rejecting Pyrrha's help, but not only that. He's been wrapped around Cardin's finger with blackmail. I put it on myself to train Jaune similar to the N7 training program, just not as bad. I had Jaune meet up with me at 0500 hours near Ozpin's tower office and did several physical training before we did any hand-to-hand training. It was slow at first for Jaune, but he's picking up a bit, slowly, but surely. I wanted his small training done by the time we had our field trip to the Forever Falls for Professor Peach. When it came to later in the day, say near dusk, I trained Jaune more until we got into hand-to-hand combat.

~Timeskip Night Before Field Trip~

Jaune and I were practicing some hand-to-hand combat on the rooftop, and I had to say. Jaune's progress was coming along nicely. There were still some things that needed some practice, but he's coming along better than I thought. If Jaune was in the position I was, he would've made one hell of an N7. Jaune was panting a bit, but wasn't quite done. I stopped and relieved my stance.

"Let's end the training for the night, Jaune," I said to him. Jaune took the end and sat down while getting his breathing together. "Jaune, you have come a long way in the past two weeks. You would have been one hell of an N7."

"You think so, (Y/N)?" Jaune asked.

"I don't think so," I replied. "I know so. The N7 could have used someone like you."

"That's a confidence boost." Jaune said with a smile. I smirked and sat down in front of him.

"Okay, Jaune," I spoke to him. "Why reject being trained by Pyrrha? She was more than happy to do it. Well, she was more excited to train you more than anything."

"Well, I didn't think I would need help," Jaune replied. "Pyrrha is this strong and skilled person, and I didn't think I would need her help."

"Jaune, there's nothing wrong asking for help or training."

"Well, you kind of forced this training onto me."

"With good reason. Back then, you let your stubbornness and pride cloud your thoughts from seeing the big picture. Hell, it wouldn't run past me if Prof. Ozpin knew you had fake transcripts, but still let you in."

"Y-y-you think he knows?"

"Just by looking and talking to him. It wouldn't surprise me one bit, but he sees potential in you, Jaune. I see potential in you. Even Pyrrha does. She wouldn't have offered to help train you if she didn't see anything in you. In more ways than one."

"What does that mean?"

"Jaune, what do you think of Pyrrha?"

"Well, she's my teammate and-"

"That's not what I meant Jaune. What do you think of Pyrrha as a person?"

"Well," Jaune replied while looing down. "She's nice, helpful, and really kind."

"Okay, what else?"

"How she put up with me is confusing."

"How we all deal with you is confusing in its own rights."

"Ouch."

"Relax, Jaune," I said while laughing. "It was a joke, but still, about Pyrrha. Haven't you felt, I don't know, a different emotion around her?"

"Well, I did have some weird feelings. Nervous, anxious, happy, and warm when I'm around her."

"That's something at least," I said with a nod.