Volume 3, Ch. 8: Battle for Beacon

~Beacon Fairgrounds~
*Narrator POV*

Chaos...

Fear...

Horror...

Three of the many emotions and events playing out within the Kingdom of Vale and Beacon Academy. Hordes of Grimm invade the Kingdom of Vale and Beacon Academy after a horrendous match between Pyrrha Nikos and Penny Polendina with the reveal of Penny as an android of Atlas and with her "death" apparent for everyone watching. Even adding salt into the wound, Cinder Falls broadcasts her "revolutionary" speech until the Grimm attack en masse causing mass chaos and destruction.

Within the Fairgrounds of the festival, multiple Atlesian Knight-200's can be seen, and heard, firing their weapons while additional squads of asari, turian, and salarians were either fighting the Grimm or assisting in evacuating the civilians running in fear and helping shopkeepers from their stalls. However, withing the fairgrounds both Blake Belladonna and Weiss Schnee stand in horror as they watch the once cheery and peaceful fairgrounds now turned into a scene of horror and war.

"I don't believe this..." Weiss comments. Blake silently agrees before the two grab their scrolls. Blake calling Yang while Weiss calls (Y/N) Rose. Blake's scroll was answered first before Weiss's call.

"Yang, are you okay?!" Blake asks worried for her teammate. "Is Grunt with you still?!"

"I'm fine, and yes, Grunt's still with me!" Yang's voice replies via scroll. "Is Ruby with you?! What about Little Bro?! Ruby's not answering her scroll!"

"Neither of them are with us," Blake replies while looking around before turning to Weiss. "Anything Weiss?"

"No, nothing!" Weiss replies as the screen of her scroll shows a picture of (Y/N) Rose with "(Y/N)-Darling" as the Caller-ID, but was shown "UNAVAILABLE." "Yang, I'm sure they're both fine. Both Ruby and (Y/N) can handle this."

"Weiss is right, Yang," Blake agrees with Weiss. "Ruby's our leader. She can take care of herself, and (Y/N)... well... he's survived worse than this."

"Still... This can't be happening..." Weiss comments still unbelieving the events occurring.

"Better believe it, Ice Queen," Grunt chips his voice over Yang's scroll earning a "HEY!" from Weiss. "We got problems at Beacon already."

"What do you mean?" Blake questioned.

"Yang and I are heading towards the courtyard here," Grunt replies. "The White Fang are here!"

"WHAT?!" Blake shouts in shock, but in confusion. "Why are they here?!"

"They're releasing Grimm into the courtyard," Yang replies. "But they're dealing with Kirrahe and several other squads. They're holding out, but I don't know how long."

Before Blake could think, or respond, several shots and Grimm growls could be heard over Blake's scroll.

"YANG! GRUNT!" Blake yells in worry.

"Sorry! We gotta go!" Yang replies after sounds of Ember Celica and Grunt's shotgun could be heard. "Be careful!"

Just like that, Yang ends the call and while so, many more Grimm race around the fairgrounds while Atlas soldiers, Atlesian Knight-200's, and Citadel squads race around fighting Grimm or helping civilians with evac, both Blake and Weiss look apprehensive to the situation.

"Blake, what are we going to do?" Weiss asked Blake, who in turn, changed her expression from worry to determination.

"We're going to the docks..." Blake replies after using her scroll to call for her locker. "And we're doing our job. I know (Y/N) would want us to help however we can. I wish he was here with us, but he can't always be around to help."