Volume 2, Ch. 12: Mountain Glenn

~Near Bullhead Port of Beacon~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

Here we were ready for the mission we were "assigned" to, but there was a slight wrench in our plans.

"Professor Oobleck?!" Weiss questioned as it was indeed DOCTOR Oobleck that was the Huntsman Teams RWBY and NMDY were shadowing. Most of RWBY still had their shocked faces while I was a bit confused the same went with my team, but surprised, nonetheless.

"I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls," Doctor Oobleck said while speaking in his quick speech as he paced back and forth from us. "Seeing as you eight have opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you all we will not be establishing a single base of operations."

"So, we'll have more than one base or have a moving base until nightfall." Tali spoke.

"Precisely, Ms. nar Rayya," Doc. Oobleck agreed with Tali. "As Ms. nar Rayya has mentioned, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon."

"Almost sounds like some of our previous missions, Cmdr." Garrus mentioned which was true on some points.

"Good, we'll need that expertise while on the field, Mr. Vakarian," Oobleck said as he continued on. "I've packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our course, and readied the airship. And..."

Doc. Oobleck suddenly zooms right up to Weiss's face.

"It's DOCTOR Oobleck," Doc. Oobleck corrected Weiss, who was initially disturbed for a moment. "I didn't earn my PhD for fun, thank you very much!"

"I agree," Liara agreed with Doc. Oobleck. "I am a doctor myself, specializing in Prothean Archeologically."

"Oh, I do miss Javik," I said out loud missing that Prothean. "Even though he had a stick up the ass most of the time."

"True, but he just wanted the Reapers dead as much as anyone." Garrus agreed but mentioned Javik's hatred for the Reapers.

"True..." I agreed. Doc. Oobleck quickly moves away from Weiss's face as she looked at Blake who was equally as disturbed.

"Now, I assume you all are wondering, "Where is the Council Specialist that will be attending to us today?" Yes?" Doc. Oobleck questioned as RWBY nod their heads, but my team smirked already knowing who the Council Specialist assigned to them was. "Well, the very specialist is right with us! Could you please step forward?"

 I smirked as I walked ahead and stood next to Doc. Oobleck. The look on RWBY's faces were priceless. My team already knew as they held their own smirks.

"Big Brother is our Specialist attending on the mission?! YAY!!!" Ruby cried out in joy.

"Alright! This is going to be fun!" Yang cheered as well. Weiss and Blake were happy that I was their specialist since I was their respective boyfriend.

"Yes, yes, I very well know your fours' relationship with Commander Rose, but he is not playing favorites just because he's your brother or soulmate," Doc. Oobleck stated which was true. "Plus, Team NMDY will be attending with us. Any who, come now, children and NMDY, according to my schedule we are already three minutes behind..."

Doc. Oobleck soon zooms towards the bullhead ready to go.

"...schedule!" Doc Oobleck yells from the bullhead. The nine of us looked at each other until Ruby speaks up.

"Well, alright then," Ruby speaks with positive upbeat. "Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oobleck..."

After Ruby said that RWBY merely looked down and shook their heads. Grunt had the same reaction as did Garrus. Liara and Tali merely looked at each other and gave each other a questioning eyebrow. I merely shook my head and facepalmed while Urz was near my leg.