Volume 2, Ch. 14: Grimm Breach!

~Beacon Academy, Bullhead Port~
*Narrator POV*

Nearing the Bullhead Port of Beacon Academy, Team JNPR head towards the ready Bullhead to their first mission shadowing a sheriff at a village outside Vale's walls. However, the night before Jaune recieved a call from Ruby only to be answered with static ending the six second call. This troubled Jaune as he felt something was wrong and Pyrrha noticed.

"I'm sure they're fine, Jaune." Pyrrha tried comforting the team leader.

"You think?" Jaune asked.

"Probably a butt dial." Nora suggested while skipping along towards the bullhead.

"Team RWBY has always performed exceptionally in the field," Ren added his input. "Added they also have Team NDMY and (Y/N) as their shadowed Spectre. They, no doubt, would perform above exception. We should be focusing on our own mission."

"We're going to be deputies!" Nora cried in excitement as she zoomed close to Ren.

"I've just got this feeling..." Jaune added to his own worry. "I... I don't know."

"Jaune..." Pyrrha said to Jaune while placing her hand on his shoulder. "They're fine. As Ren said, they have Team NMDY and (Y/N) with them. There shouldn't be anything to--"

Pyrrha was soon interrupted by the sounds of a distant siren. JNPR looked towards Vale as they can see a column of smoke in the distance until the sirens began blaring behind them making Nora cover her ears by the loud sirens. Their attention was grabbed by a landing bullhead and a rushing Tali exiting the bullhead.

"Tali, what's going on?" Pyrrha asked Tali concerned. "Is everyone alright?"

"There's a Grimm breach in Vale. (Y/N) has Garrus, Liara, and Grunt grabbing additional help and I was sent to get more help. (Y/N) and RWBY are still in Vale near the breach," Tali replied to Pyrrha as she was starting to get worried. "I suggest helping (Y/N) and RWBY."

Tali continued back running towards Beacon.

"Get there now!" Tali shouts as Jaune gets the message.

"You guys heard her. We're changing our mission. Everyone on board!" Jaune tells his team as they hurried to the bullhead. Jaune stays back getting a headcount but stops Ren. "Ren, we'll make it to that village another time."

Ren understands and gives Jaune a nod and goes into the bullhead followed by Jaune.

"Take us into the city!" Jaune tells the pilot and lucky for them.

"You got it, Jaune," Joker agreed with Jaune surprising JNPR. "What? Never thought I'd fly you guys? Guess again. Now hold on!"

Joker quickly takes off racing towards Vale, mainly (Y/N) and RWBY's location. While back at Beacon, Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury take notice as their plan was ahead of schedule.

"You don't think..." Emerald first spoke.

"Sure looks like it." Mercury replied cutting Emerald off.

"But that's still days away!" Emerald quietly shouts. Both Emerald and Mercury look towards Cinder.

"So? What do we do?" Mercury asks Cinder as she makes her decision, but was cut off by squads of Turian, Krogan, Asari, and Salarian entering bullheads and taking off towards Vale. Behind the squads was Primarch Victus giving commands.

"Lieutenant!" Primarch Victus called out. "Have Squads 47-50 sent to Vakarian for assistance and have the rest defend the civilians."

"Yes sir!" The Lieutenant replied. Primarch Victus was about to issue another order until he spotted CMNE to the side.