Volume 3, Ch. 4: Never Miss a Beat

~Amity Colosseum~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

Another day with the doubles in action, only a few more, I believe, until the Solo Matches would begin. Right now, it was the match between Russel and Lark of Beacon, still surprised CRDL got this far, facing off with Penny and a girl, I think her name was Ciel Soleil, of Atlas. The match was pretty one-sided since Penny was the only one doing the fighting. As they fought on, I was remembering last night visiting with Raven with Tali, Blake, and Pyrrha via her portals.

~Flashback~
<Branwen Tribe, Anima>

After watching Winter leave the Port and head back to Atlas, Raven contacted me followed by a portal appearing next to me and entered said portal as I found myself in a large red tent. Looking around, I saw a table with some teacups with Tali, Blake, and Pyrrha sitting and Raven standing waiting for me. 

"Hello, Raven," I greeted Raven and gave her a hug, which she returned, until we separated. "So, how did you get Tali, Blake, and Pyrrha here before me, Raven?"

"Oh, I've had time with Tali and Liara a few times beforehand and made a connection with them," Raven replied as we both walked over towards the table. Raven sat near the middle on her end, but she had me sit next to her. "I can assume everything is going well?"

"Heh, where do I start?" I replied with a question as I took a drink of the tea. "Well, besides meeting Weiss' sister, Winter, and almost butting heads with Ironwood, again, I'd say everything is... decent in a sense."

"Winter? You met her already?" Tali asked.

"Yeah, our first meeting was... rather bumpy. I had to intervene a fight between her and Uncle Qrow, which their fight caused quite a bit of damage around the academy grounds. I may, or may not, have pulled my pistols at both of them," I replied, and I was given shocked expressions from Tali, Blake, and Pyrrha, but Raven gave a smirk, almost like she was about to laugh. "Hey, they shouldn't have fought to begin with, although Uncle Qrow kind of made a point saying, "Ironwood finally turning his back on Ozpin." I don't have a grasp what he meant by that, but I can assume Ozpin is keeping some secrets he doesn't wish to express."

"That's because he does," Raven replied and we all looked at her. "Remember when I told you not to trust Ozpin? Let's say I used to trust him, until one day... I learned the truth and did my own investigation. What I found out, made me realize the kind of man Ozpin really is."

"And that is?" Pyrrha asked. Raven was quiet after that question but gave a sigh.

"Let's just say, the man is full of duplicity and shouldn't be trusted," Raven replied as we all took in that short answer. Raven took a drink from her tea and slightly groaned a bit. "Damn tribe sometimes..."

"Things not going well?" Blake questioned after taking a swig of tea.

"Something like that, yes," Raven replied. "Try leading a tribe of bandits while some think they're hotshots and talk all big while adding they think they'll have a chance to sleep with me. Fat chance."

I felt angered by this, not only that, but I felt like I was the only man to sleep with Raven and she saw my expression and grinned.

"Oh, is someone getting jealous?" Raven asked me as now I was being stared at. I tried shaking the stares off, but it wasn't working. "Relax, (Y/N), as I told you before. You're the only man I'd sleep with, AFTER getting their approval, that is."

"Uh... Yeah, yeah... heh... Mainly hotshots, is that it?" I asked after getting over that moment.

"That, and a few weak members, but nothing too serious, except a few Grimm attacks," Raven replied and looked at Blake. "So... how is Yang?"