Volume 1, Ch. 6: N7 Stray

~Vale Marketplace~
*No One's POV*

The city of Vale was bustling in festivities and preparations were being set for the upcoming Vytal Festival and Tournament. Most of the townspeople were setting up the decorations while one elderly gentleman was hoisting up a "Welcome to Vale!" sign for the incoming students from the other Huntsman Academies participating in the Tournament. All the while, Team RWBY walks through the town while watching everyone decorate. Weiss, however, was more ecstatic about the planning.

"The Vytal Festival!," Weiss said in a rather cheery motion. "Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss," Ruby said to the Heiress while being creeped out. "It's kind of weirding me out."

Weiss turns around to Ruby, almost in a offended-like act.

"How could you not smile?" Weiss asked. "A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world. There will be dances, parades, a Tournament. Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking."

Team RWBY continue down a pathway while admiring the planning, more like Weiss admiring.

"You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring." Yang said to Weiss while crossing her arms.

"Quiet you," Weiss told Yang. "That reminds me. Where did (Y/N) go with Team NMDY? We didn't see them this morning, except Blake."

That question made most of Team RWBY question where Team NMDY went off to, all but Blake.

"(Y/N) mentioned to me that he's taking Liara and the others on a tour around Vale," Blake replied. "He said it shouldn't be too long, and it would be an opportunity for Liara and everyone else to get along with the humans and faunus around here."

"Hm... makes sense," Ruby said while thinking about it. "Big Brother did say that Liara and everyone else aren't acquainted with humans in this world, or even faunus. Since, well... no faunus where they're from."

"If they're in Vale, you'd think we'd run into them by now," Yang said. Team RWBY looked around until they saw Grunt lifting some heavy equipment for the decorations. "Oh, there's Grunt. HEY GRUNT!"

Grunt looked over and saw Team RWBY. He placed the heavy equipment down where it was supposed to be at and made his way over to Team RWBY, while getting thanked by some of the shopkeepers. Grunt got to Team RWBY and was a little surprised to see them around.

"Team RWBY," Grunt said. "Nice to see you around, but what are you guys doing here?"

"Weiss dragged us into Vale." Yang replied.

"HEY!" Weiss replied to Yang's slight insult.

"We were walking around and the thought of you guys came up," Yang said to Grunt, completely ignoring Weiss. "Then we see you lifting some heavy stuff. Plus Blake said you guys were having a tour of Vale."

"True," Grunt replied. "When we came into Vale, (Y/N) noticed the people needed help and we decided to help out. "Getting relations made" (Y/N) said. It was a little off for a moment, but (Y/N) convinced everyone that we'd help out with the decorating and some of the lifting. I was moving some heavy equipment for some shopkeepers until you called me Yang."

"Was I wrong to?" Yang asked.

"Nah," Grunt replied. "I had the equipment placed where they needed to be."

"So where is everyone else?" Weiss asked.

"Tali is helping with some of the techs for the festival, Liara is helping out with her Biotics, and both Garrus and (Y/N) are helping coordinate where the decorations are placed and how the planning is done." Grunt replied to Weiss.