Volume 2, Ch. 5: Welcome to Beacon!

~Vale~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

The next day rolls around while I thought about last night's recent event, Jaune rejecting Pyrrha. Honestly, I thought those two would have a good chemistry, but I guess I was wrong there. God damn, I hate being wrong... sometimes. I was walking around Vale to meet up with Neo for our Ice Cream Day and to let out stress about our day. I walked around the corner, and I saw Neo waiting at the ice cream store.

"Yo, Neo!" I called for Neo, and she noticed me and waved. "Ready for our Ice Cream Day?"

Neo nods and we walked into the store. Neo got her usual Neapolitan ice cream, as I got myself my (F/IC). Neo and I sat down as we began talking about recent events which reminded me about last night and Neo noticed.

"Is something wrong, (Y/N)? The dates not go well?" Neo asked by text.

"What? Oh no, the dates went perfectly. It's just..." I replied while thinking. "Last night, a confession was made between two of my friends and it didn't go so well."

"Guy got rejected?" Neo asked.

"No, well... Someone did get rejected. It was the girl who got rejected." I told Neo.

"Ouch... it's usually the guy getting rejected," Neo said feeling bad. "What was the reason?"

"Oh, it was because he needed to work on himself. He has no semblance as of yet, and both his combat and aura prowess needs work. He couldn't think about having a relationship with anyone. That's the reason."

"Really? I thought it was more serious like, "I never had the same feelings as you did" or "Sorry, you're not my type.""

"True, it could have been worse, but thank God it wasn't, or else I might've killed the guy."

"You wouldn't... would you?"

"I might, might not, depends on the situation, Neo. How about you? Anything interesting on your end?"

"Hm... Well besides that ongoing business venture, now, with faunus workers and my Ice Cream Day with my Ice Cream Buddy, nothing too special."

"Oh, and not calling our Ice Cream Day not special? I'm hurt, Neo."

"Ha ha... Very funny, (Y/N)." Neo sarcastically replied through text. The rest of the time was spent eating our ice cream and talking some more until my Omni-tool went off. I looked at it and it was 3:30 and for the tea with Pyrrha.

"I have to cut this Ice Cream Day for now, Neo. I have to go see my friend to settle her nerves." I told Neo.

"The friend who was rejected?" Neo asked in text.

"Yes, the girl who was rejected. Let's have another Ice Cream Day, Neo," I told her, and she nods in agreement. "Well, it was nice seeing you again, Neo. See you around."

I walked out as Neo waved to me and I headed over to the same tea shop where I went with Tali, Blake, and Sun some time ago. As I got there, I saw Pyrrha waiting for me. I walked up and tapped on Pyrrha's shoulder.

"Waiting for someone?" I asked her and she jumped a bit. Pyrrha turned around and saw me laughing a bit and smacked my shoulder.

"(Y/N)! Don't do that, you scared me!" Pyrrha scolded me a bit.

"Sorry, sorry. It was a good opportunity to get you, and I did," I said while laughing still and calmed down. "Okay, shall we, Pyrrha?"

I walked in with Pyrrha as we took the same table as before and ordered our tea. After a few minutes, the tea came, and we took a drink from our cups, and I saw Pyrrha was still upset about last night.