Volume 3, Ch. 6: Fall Aftermath

~Interrogation Cell Beta-3, Citadel Prison~
*Narrator POV*

Inside the recently built prison made by both Vale and the Citadel Council, the sounds of constant beatings and grunts can be heard from an interrogation cell, Beta-3. Inside said cell was one Mercury Black, minus one prosthetic leg, was receiving a beating from two Rampart Mechs courtesy of (Y/N) Rose's order. Mercury, covered in bruises, as his Aura was locked by anti-aura cuffs, and several scars. The beatings continued until the cell door opens revealing Commander (Y/N) Rose entering the cell.

"That's enough," (Y/N) orders as the Ramparts stood down and backed away from Mercury. Meanwhile, Mercury looks at (Y/N) as he circles around the restrained prisoner. "Now, Mercury Black. Let's see..."

(Y/N) pulls out a datapad that shows Mercury's files.

"Mercury Black, age 17, son of deceased assassin, Marcus Black," (Y/N) read through Mercury's file while earning a growl from Mercury at the mention of his father's name. "Oh? Touchy subject? Let's continue... oh my, trained to be an assassin like your father which led to a regimen of beating and various other abuses. Unfortunately, all that "training" led your father to go so far as to remove your Semblance which he called a "crutch" in your training. Thus, your legs were removed leading you to wear prosthetic legs."

Mercury, silent as he listened, never said a word but constantly growled as each word brought harsh memories to his head.

"Now I didn't read all this out loud just to piss you off, Mercury, however... you did cause a whole lot of damage for my sister, Yang, which I don't necessarily tolerate," (Y/N) says before stopping in front of Mercury. "Now, I am only going to ask you this once. What is Cinder Fall's plan? What is she after? What does Cinder hope to accomplish with all the Dust stolen, the collaboration with the White Fang, and most importantly, all the sabotaging with the matches? The way I can see it, Cinder is too damn old to be enrolling in a Huntsman Academy, and those who side with Cinder are just pawns in her game. Now, answer my questions, Mercury Black."

Of course, Mercury doesn't answer, just scowls in (Y/N)'s face then looks away. (Y/N), not tolerating Mercury's silence, throws a jaw-shattering right hook into Mercury's jaw, which somehow didn't shatter on impact, but broke a few teeth in Mercury's mouth. Mercury spits blood from his mouth, with a couple molars, on the floor near (Y/N)'s foot.

"Answer me, Mercury," (Y/N) tells Mercury, with little patience he has left with him. "Now, I'm a patient guy, most of the time, but answer my questions."

Mercury doesn't answer, leaving (Y/N) sighing in annoyance and goes to leave the cell, but stops near one of his Rampart mechs.

"Continue beating Mr. Black, then "send" him to Cell Omega-45 for further interrogation," (Y/N) orders the Rampart mech with a hidden message before leaving the cell. Moving through the prison and passing by several cells each containing a criminal of some kind of crime. Moving by, (Y/N) reaches Interrogation Cell Sigma-6, Emerald's Cell. (Y/N) stares for a moment before sighing and entering the cell. "Emerald Sustrai..."

Inside the cell, (Y/N) watches Emerald in her restraining position held in suspension.