Volume 3, Ch. 5: Fall

~Headmaster's Office~
*Narrator POV*

Inside the Headmaster's office within Ozpin's Tower, we find both Ozpin and Pyrrha face-to-face as the twilight lights dim the room through the clockwork-decorated windows. All the while, Qrow stands over in the distance an earshot away.

"Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move onto the final round of the tournament," Ozpin speaks to Pyrrha as he chuckles while his cane, The Long Memory, resting near his side. "Your performance has been exemplary."

"Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but..." Pyrrha thanks the headmaster. "I would have never made it this far without my teammates or (Y/N)'s support."

"Personally, I think it's the other way around," Qrow says as he gets up from his spot from the column, arms crossed. "But my nephew's support did help, I will admit."

"Oh, hello, Qrow," Pyrrha greets Qrow. "Doing well, I hope."

"Something like that, yeah." Qrow replied.

"Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine." Ozpin tells Pyrrha as she looks at Qrow for a minute longer before addressing her headmaster once more.

"Professor, if you don't mind me asking..." Pyrrha begins her questions. "Why have you called me here?"

"Please, take a seat," Ozpin merely replies at first as he gestures towards the nearby chair. Pyrrha follows the instruction as he puts his fingers to his lips. "What is your favorite fairy tale?

"I'm... sorry?" Pyrrha asked confused by the sudden question.

"Fairy tales," Ozpin replies. "Stories from your childhood. Surely you must remember some of them."

"Well..." Pyrrha replied after remembering some stories. "There's... The Tale of the Two Brothers, The Shallow Sea, The Girl in the Tower... What else? Oh, The Legend of the Silver Emperor..."

"What about "The Story of the Seasons?"" Ozpin questioned about the particular story.

"Oh, of course!" Pyrrha replied as she begins the fairy tale of the four seasons. "A callous old man, who refuses to leave his home, is visited by four traveling sisters. The first understands his reclusive nature and urges him to use his time in solitude to reflect and meditate. The second brings him fruits and flowers, tending to his crops and revitalizing his garden. The third warms the man's heart, convincing him to step outside and embrace the world around him. And the fourth, and final, sister begs him to look at all that he has and be thankful. In return for their kindness, the man grants the maidens incredible powers, so that they may continue to help others all over the world. They graciously accept and promise to share their gifts with the people of Remnant until the end of days. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall; the Four Maidens. My mother loves that story."

"Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?" Ozpin questions Pyrrha hinting about his actual nature. This causes Pyrrha to give out a small chuckle.

"You're not THAT old, Professor." Pyrrha tells Ozpin, but the headmaster wasn't lying until his expression changed into a serious one.

"Well, would you believe me if I told you, it was true?" Ozpin questioned Pyrrha again. Pyrrha looks around nervously until giving off an uneasy chuckle.

"Uhh... I... beg your pardon?" Pyrrha asks nervously.

"What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world that could wield such tremendous power... without Dust?"

"You mean... like a Semblance?"

"Like Magic." Ozpin replies giving out his secret. One of many that is.