Volume 2, Ch. 11: Field Trip Abroad

~Beacon Auditorium~
*Commander (Y/N) Rose POV*

The dance was nice and relaxing now especially with my new relationships with both Weiss Schnee and Pyrrha Nikos. I can say I am happy with the life I have right now. I only wish... My only wish was to see my mom once again. Every day I am here, I can't help but wonder what happened to my mother, but for some reason I feel like she's still alive somewhere. I shook my head as I was still dancing with Liara and she noticed my shake.

"(Y/N), is something wrong?" Liara asked my concerned.

"It's nothing, but..." I replied. "I can't help but feel like my mother is still alive somewhere. None of that right now. Let's enjoy this night."

"Agreed, but I'm sure every one of us will help," Liara said to me. "Once we have settled away with Roman and the White Fang's operation in Vale, we'll help in any way we can. Plus, I'm taking your advice and bringing back the Shadow Broker. It'll take time for me to acquire enough men, but once then, I'll have them scour across Remnant for any and all information."

"In that case, Kasumi will help in that endeavor," I added. "I'll tell Kasumi later on."

"Kasumi Goto is here?" Liara asked.

"Yes, do you know how I get some of the information I received?" I asked her. Liara took a moment and realized Kasumi was always the one getting the information for me. "Don't worry, Liara, when the Shadow Broker comes back, you're my main girl for information. Kasumi can be one of your agents, the best in fact."

"Interesting idea, think Kasumi will agree to it?" Liara questioned.

"I think it will take some convincing, but I think she'll agree to it," I replied. "She did give us the information regarding the fake transcripts of Team CMNE. Now, let's continue this dance, shall we?"

Liara agreed as we continued to dance until I heard the doors open and I saw General Ironwood, Ruby, Garrus, and...

"Thane?" I questioned in thought. "Thane, it can't be..."

"Everyone, return to your dorms!" Ironwood called out to everyone. "The party is over!"

I walked over with Liara and Shepard with Glynda in tow.

"James, what's going on?" Ozpin asked Ironwood.

"Someone has infiltrated the CCT," Ironwood replied. "We need all the students to return to their dorms. The STG and Aralakh Company have already been scouting around for the intruder."

"Very well," Ozpin agreed and turned to us. "Everyone, please, return to your dorms and lock the doors until this matter is resolved."

Everyone soon walked out the auditorium. I gestured the security to assist and escort everyone to their dorms. I walked over to Garrus and Thane as Ruby left with Weiss, Blake, and Yang.

"Garrus, what happened?" I asked him.

"It's as the General said," Garrus replied. "Someone infiltrated the CCT, but Ruby and I, with Thane, fought against the infiltrator, but she tampered with the console and placed a virus. Once the General entered, the woman vanished."

"I see..." I said as I turned to Thane. "Thane, is that really you?"

"Yes, Commander, it is," Thane replied and I was happy to see my old friend once again. "I heard you were given a promotion. Congratulations are in order, but as Garrus said the infiltrator was a woman and she placed a virus into the system. I had EDI be sent over towards the Tower to investigate the virus."

"Good work, we'll need to know what the virus intends to infect," I agreed with Thane. "Regardless, it's good to see you again Thane."

"It is good to see you as well, Cmdr.," Thane greeted me. "Kolyat is here as well."